post #1 of 8 Old 03-18-2014, 02:10 AM Thread Starter
Over 10,000 Posts
Lifetime Supporting Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default re; Missing people

It's been in the news a while and I was riveted to my seat as the story came out about the missing aircraft with 200 + people on board but I had no idea we'd be this far past that day and still be waiting and wondering.
I titled this -missing people- as a way of honoring the importance of those on board trumping an airplane gone missing. I didn't want to lose sight of the real meaning and impact and thinking of it as an airplane story did so for me.

I thought this subject might be something of interest since many have ideas or theories about what may have been involved / caused this strange event. Also, just tonight, a cousin of mine was asking me about my parents trip plans to China for 3+ weeks coming up soon. Are they worried or still going on the trip ?
No and Yes is the short answer but most of you know, with bachman at the keyboard, there is no short answer .....

Here's my response to her;

So far as the China trip goes, I doubt they are swayed by such strange circumstances but this sure goes to show anything can happen... even if we don't know what, know who or know how it happened. I like most, was riveted to my chair watching the news reports but that changed when everything reported was suspect info, seemingly sanitized or just plain wrong or recanted. What a frustrating cluster this is for everyone.

A few things I zero in on are;

1) That plane didn't go invisible by accident or malfunction (someone had a plan) .... I think

2) I wouldn't think a suicide mission would need to bury the aircraft in a hidden location (why turn off all that stuff?) ...

3) Just last night, I read of the military missing the radar blip as the aircraft flew into restricted areas over land .... This seems terribly embarrassing so I'm certain that this and other information has been delayed or is still being withheld.

**Think of what we might know if fighter jets tracked and followed the plane had they responded to the radar blip / potential unknown threat.

I'd be interested in other ideas if anyone cares to mention thoughts.

Certainly, thoughts and prayers go out to the many that are directly affected by this mystery and apparent loss.

'04 G35 6MT, DG Coupe, Prem/Nav, purchased 06/2011 @97k mi / Sold FEB 2017 , 125,000 miles
Current drivers- 2016 Mazda CX-9 Touring, 2017 VW Golf Sportwagen 1.8 TSI 4Motion DSG

Last edited by bachman; 03-18-2014 at 02:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 03-18-2014, 07:09 AM
Super Duper Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1167 Post(s)

I thought this was a thread about missing 6mt members who post more infrequently than they used to post.

I'm not sure where to start with the missing plane other than it is a real mystery and it wasn't by accident. I wonder if it landed in some country since there has been no debris found.

'06 Autumn Copper FX35, '11 Alpine White Sentra & 2016 Red Hot Camaro 2SS
post #3 of 8 Old 03-18-2014, 01:14 PM
Over 100 Posts

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

yeah this seems like it was planned by some people on the plane since there is no trace of it so far. they should maybe look into the airline or the country itself now that theres suspicion. they could all be alive. could be aliens.
post #4 of 8 Old 03-21-2014, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 377 Post(s)

Possible debris was found by satellite

KING PW
post #5 of 8 Old 03-21-2014, 08:32 AM
Super Duper Moderator

Have they found the debris in person yet?

post #6 of 8 Old 03-21-2014, 08:48 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I wonder if they will ever truly know what happened. I am shocked that with all of the spying technology available, we can't locate something as large as a plane.

There has to be more to it than what we are being told IMO. At the end of the day, I just hope the passengers are safe.

Nick C.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6MT Sponsor
post #7 of 8 Old 03-22-2014, 07:05 AM
Super Duper Moderator

Sadly, whatever the fate of the plane, I think the passengers are not alive.

post #8 of 8 Old 03-23-2014, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 377 Post(s)

I keep hoping that the plane landed somewhere but like Gilley said, the chances of that are very slim.

KING PW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Totally Off Topic