User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 118 Old 03-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Over 2,500 Posts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dholly
Thumbs down Payback time for the Unions!

Another promise kept...

In April 2008, then-Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said in Philadelphia, “I’ve fought to pass the Employee Free Choice Act in the Senate. And I will make it the law of the land when I’m president of the United States of America.”

So what is this Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) all about?

While the media focus has been on the worker's right of secret vote when attempting to Unionize workplaces, EFCA does more than take away workers rights to vote in privacy. It gives government officials un-reproachable power to impose contracts on BOTH workers and firms.

How is that you ask?

Today, parties negotiate in good faith until they settle on terms. If both sides cannot reach an agreement, the union may call a strike and the employer may implement its last offer or even lock out workers. Both sides use their bargaining power to win concessions, but neither side must accept terms that they find unacceptable. Section 8(d) of the National Labor Relations Act specifies that the law "does not compel either party to agree to a proposal or require the making of a concession." The end result is a contract that both sides can live with, even if they would have preferred different terms. No contract takes effect unless workers believe they get a fair deal and management believes the contract will not bankrupt the firm. If negotiations break down, the workers can strike or management can lock them out, but neither side must work under an unsatisfactory contract.

And your point is...

Section 3 of EFCA effectively eliminates good faith bargaining for initial contracts because Government officials would write the collective bargaining agreements of most newly organized companies under arbitration.

Think about that for just a moment...

This system provides -zero- reason for unions to negotiate in good faith until they settle on terms acceptable to themselves and employer. Unions would have strong incentives to make such extreme demands that force arbitration, hoping the new 'government arbitrator' at least splits the difference between these demands and management's position. Under EFCA the government arbitrator would now set not just wages and benefits, but all business operations that significantly affect workers such as promotion procedures, retirement plans, health benefits, subcontracting, mergers, work assignments, even the machines used to run a plant for a period of two years. The government would decide how many employees a firm hired, how much it paid them, how it promotes them, and what retirement and health benefits they receive. Additionally, the government would also be empowered to make critical decisions regarding business operations. Any business operation that significantly affects workers' jobs or working conditions would be set by arbitrators—even the equipment employees use. The government would determine what tasks a firm subcontracts out for and what work gets performed in-house. It would even decide whether businesses could merge or whether they could relocate operations.

Let me repeat. Basically, Government bureaucrats would make every major business decision for newly organized businesses for two years. Given the power the government would wield over the private sector, EFCA effectively allows the government to run newly organized workplaces in what effectively constitutes a government takeover of America's workplaces. The Government bureaucrats writing these proposals at newly unionized companies would have no particular expertise in the company's operations or business model and would be totally unaccountable if their decisions harmed or even drove the company into bankruptcy.

Unbelievable! But wait, it gets even better...

In what should be a real eye-opener for any pro-Union workers buying into Obama's hype this Act promotes worker's collective benefit... WORKERS LOSE ALL THEIR RIGHTS TOO!! Under current law, workers can vote down a contract they do not support. Workers also have the right to honor a strike or to refrain from striking. All of these rights give workers some degree of autonomy and control over the union and their workplace. With imposed contracts in place, however, these rights disappear. EFCA does not allow workers to terminate the binding arbitration process. No matter how long arbitration drags on, the workers will remain stuck with it. And the Government arbitrator's word will be final, so a vote to reject the contract is out of the question. With a government-imposed contract, workers would lose all say in the workplace. They could not even ask their supervisors for a raise for good performance beyond what the contract specified. Wtf!??

So let's see here. Employers lose AND workers lose big, but the Govt and Union Fat Cats not only guaranty their Federal Gravy Train for several years, they do so in such away to completely eliminate the ability of either worker or firm to dissent. WooHoo Woot!! HAha fook 'em all!! Damn, I don't care who ya are, that's some 'efn Brilliant Obamanomics right there!!!

Government Subsidized Transportation
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 118 Old 03-10-2009, 01:22 PM
ʂȗрϵᴚ ɱȭđěŗĺƭȱȑ
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

secret ballot...congress thinks it's good enough for Mexicans, but not us????

click here to see pdf with more names on page 2
post #33 of 118 Old 03-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Over 2,500 Posts

Haha!! Any letter that starts off with "Dear Members of the Junta" makes me laugh!

post #34 of 118 Old 03-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Over 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
^^well we seem to agree on that point at least.

I owe money on nothing but my house. It is in the price range my wife and I decided on, not what the bank said I could afford.
My G35 is currently my only debt, however I do plan to become a homeowner one day, I joke and tell people I will buy a house with cash, a good thought but far from reality. I will try to put as much down as possible when the time comes to avoid a huge debt and overpaying.
post #35 of 118 Old 03-11-2009, 03:10 PM
ʂȗрϵᴚ ɱȭđěŗĺƭȱȑ

Average price in Detroit for a house is $7500!

I bet you could save up and pay cash for that!
post #36 of 118 Old 03-11-2009, 03:33 PM
Over 2,500 Posts

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Phelan

Quote:
Average price in Detroit for a house is $7500!

I bet you could save up and pay cash for that!
But you'd be stuck living in Detroit...
post #37 of 118 Old 03-11-2009, 03:45 PM
ʂȗрϵᴚ ɱȭđěŗĺƭȱȑ

Yea but that's the average! That means there are some even cheaper than that...what a bargain!

House in Detroit Sells for $1 - FOXBusiness.com
post #38 of 118 Old 03-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Over 2,500 Posts

Default Tracking Obama's Campaign Promises

500+ promises.... see how he's doing at 'The Obameter'!

post #39 of 118 Old 03-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Over 5,000 Posts

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

^ obama will keep his promises but the better question is, is his promises gonna be positive towards the nation or they just gonna cause more chaos.
post #40 of 118 Old 03-23-2010, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
and next on his list of things to "fix".......healthcare!
I bet he fvcks that all to hell too
Now that he has this fixed he can get on to some other business. I think pay scales should be standardized, it would make more sense if they were. Imagine, if all CEO's made the same amount of money and all fast food workers made the same amount. It could be something like pay scale 1, fast food counter workers = $8 and hour, store clerks $10, secretaries $12, and so on up to the top pay scale for CEO's of $50 and hour.

That would be great.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #41 of 118 Old 04-01-2010, 01:44 PM
Over 5,000 Posts

@OP, your wrong now cause he isn;t doing a good job. :angry:

Quote:
I hope you're not at work and googling "pedophilia"
Quote:
If you need extra funds, the corner is always available for great part time employment!!
post #42 of 118 Old 09-07-2010, 11:58 AM
Over 2,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardiner View Post
Now that he has this fixed he can get on to some other business.
Looks like he's got the border security thing down! Or at least tied up in the courts!??

post #43 of 118 Old 09-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Over 5,000 Posts

He ain't doing shit !

Quote:
Quote:
If you need extra funds, the corner is always available for great part time employment!!
post #44 of 118 Old 09-07-2010, 12:32 PM
Over 2,500 Posts

Say what? So far he has instituted the greatest change this country has ever seen, and he ain't done yet!

post #45 of 118 Old 09-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Over 5,000 Posts

Greatest change as in bring the whole country down ? Or would it be the change of him supporting the terro ? No no no can't be that it has to be the change he made by sitting on his a$$ and doing nothing. Yeah deff the last one.

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Totally Off Topic