I was wrong about Obama - Page 2 - 6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 118 Old 03-07-2009, 11:19 PM
0-24 Posts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Do you really think that two month's worth of Obama policy has had an effect on very much of anything? Lets just go ahead and tax everyone who creates jobs... that'll be good for economic growth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiz View Post
Do you really think that two month's worth of Obama policy has had an effect on very much of anything? Lets just go ahead and tax everyone who creates jobs... that'll be good for economic growth!
You don't think he has had very much of an effect on much of anything? If nothing else, what about the big stimulus bill he just signed?

I think the worse thing he has done to me so far is made it very expensive for me to go shooting, that's if I can find ammo!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #18 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Over 2,500 Posts

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dholly

In his first month in office BO has pushed through an unprecedented $787 billion pork-laden economic stimulus package, announced plans to save the car industry, stabilize the stricken banking sector and stem the flood of home repossessions. Then came his near-$4-trillion budget, one of the most audacious agendas ever announced by a new president. He declared his intention not just to pump trillions of dollars into a short-term rescue for the economy, but also to press ahead with enormously costly plans to trigger a green industrial revolution, transform education and provide health coverage to all Americans. These are long term issues that have bedeviled Congress and other presidents for decades and achieving just one would be an extraordinary achievement. But BO wants all three, and RIGHT NOW fast. It is a manifesto document of such staggering ambition and risk that even some Democratic BO supporters are suddenly beginning to feel nauseous. There have been only a few watershed moments in U.S. history, and this is one. Because the public rejected the presidency that preceded him, he believes he has a mandate to reshape governing philosophy and electoral alignment. He is trying to crush conservatism and end the age of anti-tax, anti-regulation policies that have been the guiding philosophies of U.S. governance for more than a generation. He wants to usher in a New Deal-Great Society wealth redistribution and central federal intervention program of staggering proportion. He is gambling not only his own presidency, but the future well being of the country in his attempt to make govt indispensable to you. If he fails, he could bankrupt the world's largest economy. You should be scared.

Government Subsidized Transportation
post #19 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Over 2,500 Posts

Send a message via MSN to Phelan

If he doesn't fail, he'll bankrupt the world's largest economy and strip every citizen of their freedoms (not that most care); so I fail to see how his failing is bad.

And with more and more states starting talk of pushing back against the feds for over stepping their boundaries, the likelihood of failure just keeps increasing.
post #20 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 377 Post(s)

gard is a funny guy

KING PW
post #21 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Over 10,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dholly View Post
In his first month in office BO has pushed through an unprecedented $787 billion pork-laden economic stimulus package, announced plans to save the car industry, stabilize the stricken banking sector and stem the flood of home repossessions. Then came his near-$4-trillion budget, one of the most audacious agendas ever announced by a new president. He declared his intention not just to pump trillions of dollars into a short-term rescue for the economy, but also to press ahead with enormously costly plans to trigger a green industrial revolution, transform education and provide health coverage to all Americans. These are long term issues that have bedeviled Congress and other presidents for decades and achieving just one would be an extraordinary achievement. But BO wants all three, and RIGHT NOW fast. It is a manifesto document of such staggering ambition and risk that even some Democratic BO supporters are suddenly beginning to feel nauseous. There have been only a few watershed moments in U.S. history, and this is one. Because the public rejected the presidency that preceded him, he believes he has a mandate to reshape governing philosophy and electoral alignment. He is trying to crush conservatism and end the age of anti-tax, anti-regulation policies that have been the guiding philosophies of U.S. governance for more than a generation. He wants to usher in a New Deal-Great Society wealth redistribution and central federal intervention program of staggering proportion. He is gambling not only his own presidency, but the future well being of the country in his attempt to make govt indispensable to you. If he fails, he could bankrupt the world's largest economy. You should be scared.
It's obvious he's exploiting the fear of a great depression to advance his agenda; much the same as when the dems all screamed about how GWB used 9-11 to push us into war with Iraq. Fear is an enormous motivator for the masses, but he only has a limited window of opportunity to use it, hence the IMMEDIACY of his actions. Consistent with that, is his claiming that nothing will work short of the kind of sweeping, all inclusive plan he's proposing. When you terrify people, and back them up to the edge of a dark precipice, with the certain knowledge that they're imminently slipping further, you can pretty much get them to sign anything to get a hand on a rope to pull them from the brink. I thought BO was against torture, but it looks for all intents like he's waterboarding the entire US right now.

Believe me, I am scared!
post #22 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Over 100 Posts

No one I know in America owns luxuries they possess (for the most part) Remember when people worked hard to earn thier assets? Making $40,000 a year and being in debt 300,000+ dollars is standard. Government lack of regulation of credit institutions reinforced this. If you havent paid for something yet and it gets taken away you havent lost anything, you've realized you cant afford to live beyond your means, in fact we are encouraged to live beyond our means to fuel consumerism. Change is necessary for survival, call it adaptation to secure existence. you can point at Democrats, Republicans, or the President, however your own greed and desire should be evaluated. Obama is not trying to generate fear, but fear is being created with changes in our govt. policies which need some attention to cope with todays problems.
post #23 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Over 10,000 Posts

^^ uhmm....what do you call this? :

"Because each day we wait to begin the work of turning our economy around, more people lose their jobs, their savings and their homes. And if nothing is done, this recession might linger for years. Our economy will lose 5 million more jobs. Unemployment will approach double digits. Our nation will sink deeper into a crisis that, at some point, we may not be able to reverse."
post #24 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 01:43 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

I was watching SNL last night. They had the Rock on. They did a The Rock Obama skit. I thought it was kinda funny.

Obama gets mad, then he changes into The Rock Obama.

Now I'm just laid bad - G35Princess
R.I.P. MBC

post #25 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Over 2,500 Posts

Send a message via AIM to dholly

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovarrowhead View Post
No one I know in America owns luxuries they possess (for the most part) Remember when people worked hard to earn thier assets? Making $40,000 a year and being in debt 300,000+ dollars is standard. Government lack of regulation of credit institutions reinforced this. If you havent paid for something yet and it gets taken away you havent lost anything, you've realized you cant afford to live beyond your means, in fact we are encouraged to live beyond our means to fuel consumerism. Change is necessary for survival, call it adaptation to secure existence. you can point at Democrats, Republicans, or the President, however your own greed and desire should be evaluated. Obama is not trying to generate fear, but fear is being created with changes in our govt. policies which need some attention to cope with todays problems.
Clearly the mindset of living beyond one's means must change. The solution is not a continuation of expensive bailouts. Individual overextends = limited damage after personal bankruptcy. Govt overextends = decades or generations of new spending that harms us all? Which is worse?!!!

Government Subsidized Transportation
post #26 of 118 Old 03-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Over 2,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neftali II View Post
My head is hurting now. Maybe i am over thinking this but if this is some elaborate joke, then it is satirical genius... if not, then perhaps i just can't or won't accept that you would do a 180 so quickly... dammit i can't call it, damn you Gard, damn you... you filthy stinkin' butcher, you're blind!!
ha for real...its hard to tell whether hes joking or not
post #27 of 118 Old 03-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Over 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dholly View Post
Clearly the mindset of living beyond one's means must change. The solution is not a continuation of expensive bailouts. Individual overextends = limited damage after personal bankruptcy. Govt overextends = decades or generations of new spending that harms us all? Which is worse?!!!
Agreed. Making responsible financial decisions based on reasonable means would prevent such rediculous bailouts for poorly run financial institutions. lets bail out the drug czars because wanting more profit, they fouled up the cocaine formula... I know bad example.
post #28 of 118 Old 03-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovarrowhead View Post
+1000000000000000

truer words have never been spoken! I am guilty at times myself and I am trying eliminate my reliance on credit

<-------the last real man alive..
post #29 of 118 Old 03-09-2009, 09:12 PM
ʂȗрϵᴚ ɱȭđěŗƭȱȑ

Quoted: 26 Post(s)

^^well we seem to agree on that point at least.

I owe money on nothing but my house. It is in the price range my wife and I decided on, not what the bank said I could afford.
post #30 of 118 Old 03-09-2009, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
^^well we seem to agree on that point at least.

I owe money on nothing but my house. It is in the price range my wife and I decided on, not what the bank said I could afford.
I have two houses, one is a shack but is paid for, the other one I owe about 1/3 the value of it. I will be glad when it is paid for.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Totally Off Topic