I was wrong about Obama - Page 2 - 6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 118 Old 03-07-2009, 11:19 PM
0-24 Posts
 
reiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Walnut Creek CA
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

Do you really think that two month's worth of Obama policy has had an effect on very much of anything? Lets just go ahead and tax everyone who creates jobs... that'll be good for economic growth!
reiz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member
 
Gardiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 7,718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiz View Post
Do you really think that two month's worth of Obama policy has had an effect on very much of anything? Lets just go ahead and tax everyone who creates jobs... that'll be good for economic growth!
You don't think he has had very much of an effect on much of anything? If nothing else, what about the big stimulus bill he just signed?

I think the worse thing he has done to me so far is made it very expensive for me to go shooting, that's if I can find ammo!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gardiner is offline  
post #18 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Over 2,500 Posts
 
dholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dholly
Default

In his first month in office BO has pushed through an unprecedented $787 billion pork-laden economic stimulus package, announced plans to save the car industry, stabilize the stricken banking sector and stem the flood of home repossessions. Then came his near-$4-trillion budget, one of the most audacious agendas ever announced by a new president. He declared his intention not just to pump trillions of dollars into a short-term rescue for the economy, but also to press ahead with enormously costly plans to trigger a green industrial revolution, transform education and provide health coverage to all Americans. These are long term issues that have bedeviled Congress and other presidents for decades and achieving just one would be an extraordinary achievement. But BO wants all three, and RIGHT NOW fast. It is a manifesto document of such staggering ambition and risk that even some Democratic BO supporters are suddenly beginning to feel nauseous. There have been only a few watershed moments in U.S. history, and this is one. Because the public rejected the presidency that preceded him, he believes he has a mandate to reshape governing philosophy and electoral alignment. He is trying to crush conservatism and end the age of anti-tax, anti-regulation policies that have been the guiding philosophies of U.S. governance for more than a generation. He wants to usher in a New Deal-Great Society wealth redistribution and central federal intervention program of staggering proportion. He is gambling not only his own presidency, but the future well being of the country in his attempt to make govt indispensable to you. If he fails, he could bankrupt the world's largest economy. You should be scared.

Government Subsidized Transportation
dholly is offline  
post #19 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Over 2,500 Posts
 
Phelan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NW Ark
Posts: 4,648
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Phelan
Default

If he doesn't fail, he'll bankrupt the world's largest economy and strip every citizen of their freedoms (not that most care); so I fail to see how his failing is bad.

And with more and more states starting talk of pushing back against the feds for over stepping their boundaries, the likelihood of failure just keeps increasing.
Phelan is offline  
post #20 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Administrator
Lifetime Supporting Member
 
Infiniti514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Philly
Posts: 105,691
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)
Default

gard is a funny guy

KING PW
Infiniti514 is offline  
post #21 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Over 10,000 Posts
 
poormansporsche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: just where you'd least expect me
Posts: 15,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dholly View Post
In his first month in office BO has pushed through an unprecedented $787 billion pork-laden economic stimulus package, announced plans to save the car industry, stabilize the stricken banking sector and stem the flood of home repossessions. Then came his near-$4-trillion budget, one of the most audacious agendas ever announced by a new president. He declared his intention not just to pump trillions of dollars into a short-term rescue for the economy, but also to press ahead with enormously costly plans to trigger a green industrial revolution, transform education and provide health coverage to all Americans. These are long term issues that have bedeviled Congress and other presidents for decades and achieving just one would be an extraordinary achievement. But BO wants all three, and RIGHT NOW fast. It is a manifesto document of such staggering ambition and risk that even some Democratic BO supporters are suddenly beginning to feel nauseous. There have been only a few watershed moments in U.S. history, and this is one. Because the public rejected the presidency that preceded him, he believes he has a mandate to reshape governing philosophy and electoral alignment. He is trying to crush conservatism and end the age of anti-tax, anti-regulation policies that have been the guiding philosophies of U.S. governance for more than a generation. He wants to usher in a New Deal-Great Society wealth redistribution and central federal intervention program of staggering proportion. He is gambling not only his own presidency, but the future well being of the country in his attempt to make govt indispensable to you. If he fails, he could bankrupt the world's largest economy. You should be scared.
It's obvious he's exploiting the fear of a great depression to advance his agenda; much the same as when the dems all screamed about how GWB used 9-11 to push us into war with Iraq. Fear is an enormous motivator for the masses, but he only has a limited window of opportunity to use it, hence the IMMEDIACY of his actions. Consistent with that, is his claiming that nothing will work short of the kind of sweeping, all inclusive plan he's proposing. When you terrify people, and back them up to the edge of a dark precipice, with the certain knowledge that they're imminently slipping further, you can pretty much get them to sign anything to get a hand on a rope to pull them from the brink. I thought BO was against torture, but it looks for all intents like he's waterboarding the entire US right now.

Believe me, I am scared!
poormansporsche is offline  
post #22 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Over 100 Posts
 
smoovarrowhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redding CA
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

No one I know in America owns luxuries they possess (for the most part) Remember when people worked hard to earn thier assets? Making $40,000 a year and being in debt 300,000+ dollars is standard. Government lack of regulation of credit institutions reinforced this. If you havent paid for something yet and it gets taken away you havent lost anything, you've realized you cant afford to live beyond your means, in fact we are encouraged to live beyond our means to fuel consumerism. Change is necessary for survival, call it adaptation to secure existence. you can point at Democrats, Republicans, or the President, however your own greed and desire should be evaluated. Obama is not trying to generate fear, but fear is being created with changes in our govt. policies which need some attention to cope with todays problems.
smoovarrowhead is offline  
post #23 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Over 10,000 Posts
 
poormansporsche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: just where you'd least expect me
Posts: 15,980
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

^^ uhmm....what do you call this? :


"Because each day we wait to begin the work of turning our economy around, more people lose their jobs, their savings and their homes. And if nothing is done, this recession might linger for years. Our economy will lose 5 million more jobs. Unemployment will approach double digits. Our nation will sink deeper into a crisis that, at some point, we may not be able to reverse."
poormansporsche is offline  
post #24 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member
 
GZire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 35,666
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Default

I was watching SNL last night. They had the Rock on. They did a The Rock Obama skit. I thought it was kinda funny.

Obama gets mad, then he changes into The Rock Obama.




Now I'm just laid bad - G35Princess
R.I.P. MBC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
GZire is offline  
post #25 of 118 Old 03-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Over 2,500 Posts
 
dholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,901
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dholly
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovarrowhead View Post
No one I know in America owns luxuries they possess (for the most part) Remember when people worked hard to earn thier assets? Making $40,000 a year and being in debt 300,000+ dollars is standard. Government lack of regulation of credit institutions reinforced this. If you havent paid for something yet and it gets taken away you havent lost anything, you've realized you cant afford to live beyond your means, in fact we are encouraged to live beyond our means to fuel consumerism. Change is necessary for survival, call it adaptation to secure existence. you can point at Democrats, Republicans, or the President, however your own greed and desire should be evaluated. Obama is not trying to generate fear, but fear is being created with changes in our govt. policies which need some attention to cope with todays problems.
Clearly the mindset of living beyond one's means must change. The solution is not a continuation of expensive bailouts. Individual overextends = limited damage after personal bankruptcy. Govt overextends = decades or generations of new spending that harms us all? Which is worse?!!!

Government Subsidized Transportation
dholly is offline  
post #26 of 118 Old 03-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Over 2,500 Posts
 
240ka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,587
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neftali II View Post
My head is hurting now. Maybe i am over thinking this but if this is some elaborate joke, then it is satirical genius... if not, then perhaps i just can't or won't accept that you would do a 180 so quickly... dammit i can't call it, damn you Gard, damn you... you filthy stinkin' butcher, you're blind!!
ha for real...its hard to tell whether hes joking or not
240ka is offline  
post #27 of 118 Old 03-09-2009, 01:37 PM
Over 100 Posts
 
smoovarrowhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Redding CA
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dholly View Post
Clearly the mindset of living beyond one's means must change. The solution is not a continuation of expensive bailouts. Individual overextends = limited damage after personal bankruptcy. Govt overextends = decades or generations of new spending that harms us all? Which is worse?!!!
Agreed. Making responsible financial decisions based on reasonable means would prevent such rediculous bailouts for poorly run financial institutions. lets bail out the drug czars because wanting more profit, they fouled up the cocaine formula... I know bad example.
smoovarrowhead is offline  
post #28 of 118 Old 03-09-2009, 08:29 PM
Over 1,000 Posts
 
Sandman35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Serengeti, CT
Posts: 1,641
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovarrowhead View Post
No one I know in America owns luxuries they possess (for the most part) Remember when people worked hard to earn thier assets? Making $40,000 a year and being in debt 300,000+ dollars is standard. Government lack of regulation of credit institutions reinforced this. If you havent paid for something yet and it gets taken away you havent lost anything, you've realized you cant afford to live beyond your means, in fact we are encouraged to live beyond our means to fuel consumerism. Change is necessary for survival, call it adaptation to secure existence. you can point at Democrats, Republicans, or the President, however your own greed and desire should be evaluated. Obama is not trying to generate fear, but fear is being created with changes in our govt. policies which need some attention to cope with todays problems.
+1000000000000000

truer words have never been spoken! I am guilty at times myself and I am trying eliminate my reliance on credit

<-------the last real man alive..
Sandman35 is offline  
post #29 of 118 Old 03-09-2009, 09:12 PM
ʂȗрϵᴚ ɱȭđěŗƭȱȑ
Lifetime Supporting Member
 
thatguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 27,332
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Default

^^well we seem to agree on that point at least.

I owe money on nothing but my house. It is in the price range my wife and I decided on, not what the bank said I could afford.
thatguy is offline  
post #30 of 118 Old 03-09-2009, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member
 
Gardiner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Cumming, GA
Posts: 7,718
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
^^well we seem to agree on that point at least.

I owe money on nothing but my house. It is in the price range my wife and I decided on, not what the bank said I could afford.
I have two houses, one is a shack but is paid for, the other one I owe about 1/3 the value of it. I will be glad when it is paid for.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gardiner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Totally Off Topic


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Way to go Obama! thatguy Totally Off Topic 33 07-17-2009 06:40 PM
do you trust obama? SmokeG305 Totally Off Topic 575 07-24-2008 12:21 AM
i dont know what went wrong blackG_35 Electronics 6 07-04-2008 11:01 AM
This is truly wrong... Kalmairn Totally Off Topic 6 11-03-2005 01:48 PM
This is so wrong! blksnake Totally Off Topic 4 01-24-2005 02:17 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome