Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

Volk GT-S installed.

7K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  joaquin017 
#1 ·
So they are finally on. Thank god for patience. haha when i got my stock wheels back i noticed one was worn down to the thread - time to check that alignment...

These are some sneak peaks.. i want to wait to take detailed pics when Volk finally sends me the center caps. right now they just look a bit incomplete.

I love the offset tho, ( +17 and +18 ) they are flush with the fenders, and just about 2 or 3mm out in the back. beautiful

See less See more
#2 ·
i guess i need to get some of that tire gloss next to reduce the bubbly look of the tires. although i've only driven about 50 miles on these hankooks, i'm quite fond of them. They are MUCH quitter than the continentals i had up front (bought those used) and although i can tell they ride softer, they are still very sharp and responsive. I think once the tread wears down a bit there will be less tread flex so they will be even better.

currently running 40 psi on all corners per the installer's recommendation.

stay tuned in the next week or so and i'll post pics of the completed look ; )

#6 ·
thanks, i'm not the first to have these lol but i sure see why they are so popular :)

i doubt i am going to lower the car... i was driving on the highway today for the first time since installing the wheels and went over a slight bump and heard a fairly loud rubbing sound. Do you think the suspension has enough travel to allow the fender to rub on the tire even tho it is at least 2 inches above it?? strange...

#8 ·
#9 · (Edited)
Car looks great but would look amazing is it was dropped a bit (An inch or so). $150 is a reasonable price for a fender roll F and R. My effective offsets are F (+8.0) and R (+9.0) with a fender roll 0 rubbing with a one inch drop. My rear tires are 275 and I believe you went with 285 if I remember correctly. My wheels are only F 8.5" and R 9.5". Comparing the difference, your wheels on my car would have offsets equivelant to F (+4.3) and R (+5.3). The front should be fine but the rear would definitely rub without the fender roll and possibly because the 285s. I have a mm or two room error in the rear but with camber set at F(-.25) and R(-.5). You have a few options:

1. Leave it as is but run the risk of messing up you tires
2. Run more (-) camber but poor tire wear
3. Roll the fenders. Reasonable cost (way less than the first two options). No big deal if it's done right.
4. Consider 3 + lowering springs and shocks (w/adjustable dampening), or coilovers even better for adjustability for looks and adjustability IMO, to reduce the travel and improve the look.

#10 ·
I love the GTS's. Looks awesome.

I hear ya on the lowering. I agree that it looks a ton better, but I don't know how people drive with it lowered. As it is, I'm lucky that I haven't crushed the nose of this car yet pulling in a driveway or parking lot. Scraped it on the bottom several times.

#12 ·
Yea, I know it looks better dropped but I think even after rolling the fenders, the tires would rub like crazy. I'm skeptical if this fender rolling will even do anything to prevent the rubbing now but it's worth giving it a try... after I talk to the shop I'll see if it would be practical lowering it a little bit.

Glad you guys like it tho ;-D

#14 ·
it's hideous, i know. Virginia law requires front plates, and a monthly raping. lol but no, the front bumper has drilled holes where the plate hangs, a TON of chips from all sorts of debris, and a few bug skeletons i could not buff out.

Solution? Well, I'm collecting the funds for a Karuma Z bumper and some skirts which should do the visual trick and then I'll leave the front plate in the window or toss it up there when i see a cop..

#15 ·
I used to do that but for some reason I have never been pulled over bc of not having a front plate. and whenever I got pulled over in the past, they never mentioned not having the plate. so I just have it in my trunk just in case.

#16 ·
What's the purpose of fender rolling? I'm wanting to go with a more flush look on my g. It's got 19x9.5s in the rear and 19x8.5s in the front.not sure of the offset but they are stern st7s hyper mesh if anyone knows the offset on them. I'm gonna get lowering springs soon. What's the best way to get that flush look I'm looking for? And will I need to roll my fenders

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#18 ·
Offset is critical in making wheels flush with the fender. Looking at your rim widths and not knowing the offsets, I'm going to guess that you will need wheel spacers to flush out your rims. Stern wheels don't usually have aggressive offsets that would flush the wheels.

The front fenders are already "rolled" from the factory as part of their design. The rear fenders have a lip on them that can cut into the tire if the wheels are too far out and the car is too low. That's why people roll them.

It's not difficult or scary to roll the rear fenders but many people seem intimidated by it. I used a rubber hammer and a heat gun to do it on my cars. The trick is to get the metal and paint warm but not too hot to burn the paint, and used a lot of light blows to gently roll the lip upward.

#17 ·
Clearance for the top and sidewalls of the tires if they are to hit the lip of the fender (during suspension travel).
Rolling moves the fender to an off-set so to speak bringing the fender edge past the tire and would negate the flush look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.