post #31 of 39 Old 07-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Administrator
Lifetime Supporting Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 377 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
If you ever get a chance, you should drive a late model Honda Accord or Honda Civic wit a manual transmission. After owning and driving a G, you will be amazed how easy and simple it is to drive the Hondas. It's so easy to drive them buttery smooth because the clutches are so forgiving. But don't get me wrong--the G isn't an economy car and I wouldn't actually want that type of clutch. I just think Nissan/Infiniti should have made the clutch a little more forgiving.
+1...my G was my first manual car as well. i got a chance to drive my friends 06 accord coupe v6 6mt and it was night and day. the honda transmission is so easy to drive....and so smooth. my bimmer is also much easier than the G.

KING PW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 07-28-2009, 09:42 PM
Over 10,000 Posts

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to msb3079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti514 View Post
+1...my G was my first manual car as well. i got a chance to drive my friends 06 accord coupe v6 6mt and it was night and day. the honda transmission is so easy to drive....and so smooth. my bimmer is also much easier than the G.

and much uglier! haha jk

12 370Z Touring Sport 6MT | TEIN H Tech | H&R 25mm
09 370Z Touring Sport 6MT | H&R 25mm
08 G37 Coupe 6MT | TEIN H Tech | Ichiba 15mm
04 G35 Coupe 6MT | TEIN S Tech

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 39 Old 07-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Administrator
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quoted: 377 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msb3079 View Post
and much uglier! haha jk
funny

i havent driven a G37 yet. im interested to see the difference between it and my G35 that i had.

KING PW

post #34 of 39 Old 07-28-2009, 10:39 PM
Over 10,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti514 View Post
funny

i havent driven a G37 yet. im interested to see the difference between it and my G35 that i had.
faster, but more "mature"...
i put my spacers on yesterday... those with it already being lowered... makes it look nice.. i'll take pic in the next day or two once i clean it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #35 of 39 Old 07-30-2009, 09:29 PM
0-24 Posts

Quote:
faster, but more "mature"...
i put my spacers on yesterday... those with it already being lowered... makes it look nice.. i'll take pic in the next day or two once i clean it.
Looks excellent...I looked at your pics on Twitter. Did you do the front also?

One other question--I see you got 15mm spacers, with separate studs. The Mustang guys usually go even bigger than 15mm, but they make kits for those guys that don't use separate studs that bolt to the spacers. Instead, the kit comes with longer studs that replace the originals (you just tap them out the back of the hub) and go through the spacer. Do they make spacers like that for the G? I'm not a fan of bolting spacers to the hub, and then bolting the wheels to the spacers.
post #36 of 39 Old 07-31-2009, 12:45 AM
Over 10,000 Posts

Quote:
Looks excellent...I looked at your pics on Twitter. Did you do the front also?

One other question--I see you got 15mm spacers, with separate studs. The Mustang guys usually go even bigger than 15mm, but they make kits for those guys that don't use separate studs that bolt to the spacers. Instead, the kit comes with longer studs that replace the originals (you just tap them out the back of the hub) and go through the spacer. Do they make spacers like that for the G? I'm not a fan of bolting spacers to the hub, and then bolting the wheels to the spacers.
thanks... do I follow you on Twitter? what's your Twitter name?

yeah, I put 15mm on front and back.. there are two options - version 1 and version 2.
Version 1 ... the studs are separate... version 2.. they are already connected to the spacer... version 2 is much easier and just as safe... that's what I did.
They do make larger... 20mm and 25mm... I think the 25mm would stick out too far and not look right for a stock wheel like that.
20mm might look a little better than the 15mm.. but I'd be afraid to run into any issues with rubbing.. it might not... but looking at mine closely, i could see it being possible... so i kept it "safe" with the 15mm. Still a world of difference and looks even better than in the pics.

I did create a thread for them on here....

https://www.6mt.net/forum/g37-coupe/3...tall-pics.html

post #37 of 39 Old 07-31-2009, 10:58 AM
0-24 Posts

Quote:
thanks... do I follow you on Twitter? what's your Twitter name?

yeah, I put 15mm on front and back.. there are two options - version 1 and version 2.
Version 1 ... the studs are separate... version 2.. they are already connected to the spacer... version 2 is much easier and just as safe... that's what I did.
They do make larger... 20mm and 25mm... I think the 25mm would stick out too far and not look right for a stock wheel like that.
20mm might look a little better than the 15mm.. but I'd be afraid to run into any issues with rubbing.. it might not... but looking at mine closely, i could see it being possible... so i kept it "safe" with the 15mm. Still a world of difference and looks even better than in the pics.

I did create a thread for them on here....

https://www.6mt.net/forum/g37-coupe/3...tall-pics.html

No, I just clicked on you Twitter link one of the the posts above ^^^

When you say there are two options, does the first one have just one set of wheel studs? I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself clearly, so I'll try again:

Think of it this way....if you put a 5mm spacer on your hub, then it would just be a spacer that slides over the existing wheel studs. It would work fine because the wheel studs would still be long enough to secure the wheel with the lug nuts. But if you go with a wider spacer like 15, 20, or 25mm, then the wheel studs are not long enough to secure the wheel. So there are only two options at that point.

The first option is what you did....install a spacer that uses the existing wheel studs to bolt on a spacer. And then the spacer has it's own studs to attach the wheel.

The second option is a spacer kit that comes with a spacer that slides over the original wheel studs. But since the original wheel studs are too short to go through the spacer AND secure the wheel, the kit includes LONGER wheel studs that replace the orginals ones. I believe this is the better option because you are only using 5 wheel studs per wheel instead of 10 (5 for the spacer to the hub and 5 for the wheel to the spacer).

Know what I'm saying?
post #38 of 39 Old 07-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Over 10,000 Posts

Quote:
No, I just clicked on you Twitter link one of the the posts above ^^^

When you say there are two options, does the first one have just one set of wheel studs? I'm not sure if I'm explaining myself clearly, so I'll try again:

Think of it this way....if you put a 5mm spacer on your hub, then it would just be a spacer that slides over the existing wheel studs. It would work fine because the wheel studs would still be long enough to secure the wheel with the lug nuts. But if you go with a wider spacer like 15, 20, or 25mm, then the wheel studs are not long enough to secure the wheel. So there are only two options at that point.

The first option is what you did....install a spacer that uses the existing wheel studs to bolt on a spacer. And then the spacer has it's own studs to attach the wheel.

The second option is a spacer kit that comes with a spacer that slides over the original wheel studs. But since the original wheel studs are too short to go through the spacer AND secure the wheel, the kit includes LONGER wheel studs that replace the orginals ones. I believe this is the better option because you are only using 5 wheel studs per wheel instead of 10 (5 for the spacer to the hub and 5 for the wheel to the spacer).

Know what I'm saying?
yes, I think I understand what you mean now... what you are talking about is their "version 1" setup... you use longer studs that they supply.
I think when you get to the 25mm size, you HAVE TO do it that way... I think 20mm and below you can get either version.

Wheel Spacers Version I

post #39 of 39 Old 10-05-2009, 04:28 PM

Default It's a trade off, I guess

I'm trading in my '04 G35 m6 this week for an '09 G37s equivalent. I found the clutch in my first G to be very stiff and hard on my foot and when I test drove the '09, I found the clutch way too light and, well, a bit goofy. But like I did with my first G, I just the love the look and feel of the car too much to care about the clutch...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Infiniti G35/G37 News & Polls > Infiniti G35/G37 News / Site News