User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 04-08-2003, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Automotive Magazine Suggestions

I'd like to get everyones opinions on automotive magazines. I pick one up from time to time, but I've never really made a comparison on the major players. I usually will only pick one up if I see a car I'm interested in on the cover.

Who, in your opinion, has the latest, most complete information, best tests, informative reviews, unbiased opinions, etc.

I would like to get a subscription and would get 3 of them if I had the time to read them, but I don't. So if I had to pick just one, which would you suggest.

Lets keep the discussion to the professional publications (Car & Driver, Road & Track, Automobile, Motor Trend, etc.). I'm not into Pimpmobile Weekly, or UglyAss Paint Job Magazine, if you know what I mean.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 04-08-2003, 12:52 PM

I personally like Car & Driver, but have not had much experience with the other mags. I know that graham likes Motor Trend quite a bit. In fact, Graham has actually been published in one edition, we'll have to scan that up too.

I can't vouch for which of the most popular choices is best because, as I said I don't have experience with them. But I like C&D's reader sightings, and some of their comparisons, though I don't know how accurate they are.

Patiently -- or not so patiently waiting to trade in my 1996 I30 for a wonderful G35 SC!
post #3 of 19 Old 04-09-2003, 09:38 AM

Well to be honest lead most of the 3 or 4 main car mags are so cheap for subscriptions I subscribe to 3 of them myself. Motor Trend, Road&Track, and Car&Driver. You will find some lean toward certain cars more than others and so forth. I believe all three are only around $12/year per subscription so definately worth it...

'03 G35 Sedan.

post #4 of 19 Old 04-09-2003, 10:36 AM
VQ
Administrator

I subscribe to 3 Car & Driver, Road & Track and Car Audio & Electronics []

Hmm, I guess to be a cool magazine you have to be "something AND something!"

2003 G35 Coupe (on order)
6-speed
Diamond Graphite / Graphite
post #5 of 19 Old 04-10-2003, 11:48 AM

lol yeah no kidding

anyway, i also subscribe to 3+ car magazines.....Car & Driver, Road and Track, Motor Trend, Sport Compact Car, and Honda Tuning

[thmsup] hehe i think its enough for me for the time being

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint, cause I'm broke." - Anonymous
post #6 of 19 Old 04-10-2003, 11:53 AM

i guess to actually answer the question asked..... i like different mags for different reasons....i like car and driver for its hilarious articles and editorials, motor trend for its amazing amount of info, road and track for its large and beautiful pictures, sport compact car because it focuses on the sport compact segment, and finally honda tuning for its purely honda oriented coverage

"If money is the root of all evil, then I'm a Saint, cause I'm broke." - Anonymous
post #7 of 19 Old 04-10-2003, 12:35 PM

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by JustAnotherCivic

i guess to actually answer the question asked..... i like different mags for different reasons....<u>i like car and driver for its hilarious articles and editorials, motor trend for its amazing amount of info, road and track for its large and beautiful pictures</u>, sport compact car because it focuses on the sport compact segment, and finally honda tuning for its purely honda oriented coverage
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

VERY true Civic...good call!!!

'03 G35 Sedan.
post #8 of 19 Old 04-10-2003, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

Great advice guys. Sounds like they all compliment eachother very well. Guess I'll have to get all 3 and find the time to read.

Thanks!

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav
post #9 of 19 Old 07-05-2003, 12:38 PM

Hey Lead- I saw your old post about the Houston meet. I get the G on Thursday. Let me know about future events. Tell me- what type of engine break-in did you adhere to with your sedan? More later.
Bienvenue

2003 G35 Coupe; 5AT Brilliant/Graphite; Premium, Sport, Aero Kit/Spoiler
Due Thursday, July 10!
post #10 of 19 Old 07-07-2003, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Bienvenue

Hey Lead- I saw your old post about the Houston meet. I get the G on Thursday. Let me know about future events. Tell me- what type of engine break-in did you adhere to with your sedan? More later.
Bienvenue
Hey man, welcome! A few of us are gathering on Thursday actually. As far as engine break in, I took it easier than I normally do, but I did not follow the "rules" as most people do. I like to drive hard!

[]

post #11 of 19 Old 07-07-2003, 10:29 AM
Over 1,000 Posts

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

I'd like to get everyones opinions on automotive magazines. Who, in your opinion, has the latest, most complete information, best tests, informative reviews, unbiased opinions, etc.
Hey Lead,
Just noticed this post. In case you didn't get your fill of mags yet, try Autoweek. It's short, timely and covers just about everything. I think it's autoweek.com.
post #12 of 19 Old 07-07-2003, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by donpalombella

Hey Lead,
Just noticed this post. In case you didn't get your fill of mags yet, try Autoweek. It's short, timely and covers just about everything. I think it's autoweek.com.
I think that's the only one I don't get now. [lol]
For a few months now I've been getting Motortrend, Road & Track, Car & Driver, Automobile and Sport Compact Car. I've also found myself picking up Import Tuner which I was skeptical about at first, but it's really one of my favorites!

post #13 of 19 Old 07-07-2003, 03:44 PM

Hey lead best place to read is in the bathroom man....figure 10 minutes a day=5 hours per week..that long enough to read three mags a month[][][][lol][lol]

CMEGOBYU
99 Ford Focus Riced!!!!!!!
post #14 of 19 Old 07-07-2003, 04:07 PM
Over 5,000 Posts
Lifetime Supporting Member

Send a message via AIM to kloh

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by CMEGOBYU

Hey lead best place to read is in the bathroom man....<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
But that's where he keeps his Maxim's...[]

2003 G35C | 5AT | DG + Willow Leather | Nav | Premium | Performance
post #15 of 19 Old 07-07-2003, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by CMEGOBYU

Hey lead best place to read is in the bathroom man....figure 10 minutes a day=5 hours per week..that long enough to read three mags a month[][][][lol][lol]
Funny you should mention that. I was actually thinking I need to find a good magazine rack for the bathroom. []

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Other Vehicles > General Discussion