Muffler isn't loud enough, what next? Resonator delete? - 6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-18-2019, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
0-24 Posts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Question Muffler isn't loud enough, what next? Resonator delete?

So I recently went in to have the much hated muffler delete done on my G. The shop calls me at work and tells me the technician thinks it's so loud that I won't like it. He says, our options are, we can make a downpipe where we disconnected the muffler, and just have it dump there, create a custom Y-pipe to split from there to the rear (muffler still deleted, "most expensive option"), or, put on a flowmaster 40 series just to get down some of the noise.

Trusting the tech, I decided to go with the muffler option. I have now had the car 2 days, and I have mixed feelings about the sound. On one hand, I LOVE the way it effected the pitch/note. The sound is still the classic G sound but throatier and deeper. I have few complaints with the WAY it sounds, the issue is the volume. The muffler is admittedly louder than stock, but it really just doesn't scream like I wanted? I guess maybe I have high tolerance for exhaust? To me this is pretty quiet, when a 40 series is supposed to be one of the louder Flowmaster options!

My question is what should I try next? Since they installed the muffler, it would suck to now go for a muffler delete again, and lose the money I spent to have this work done. It is an option, but more of a plan B. My current idea is to put a straight pipe in place of the resonator, while leaving the Flowmaster on the back. I THINK this will keep the desired sound, but give it the volume I am looking for. What do other G owners think?? Anyone with Flowmaster set-ups on their Z or G, what do you think?

***I realize some of the stupid aspects of my story, I am very young and just love cars, and just got to a point where I can do modification to my car with my income. Please don't give me too much crap.***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-25-2019, 12:33 AM
0-24 Posts

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

dont do the resonator . trust me
post #3 of 3 Old 08-17-2019, 10:12 AM
0-24 Posts