Why are some people D-bags? - Page 2 - 6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 41 Old 05-28-2009, 05:48 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

The MAJORITY of people are jerks out there. There are some good ones, you can tell from where they park.

I ONLY park either next to a vacant handicap spot and I scooch right over to the line on the handicap spot and go with the odds that it will remain empty. I will also seek out an end spot next to some curb and I will do this a million miles from the store or whatever.

If you must park next to someone, try a high end Benz. Lexus or other expensive car that looks shined up and well maintained. Try to pick a four door partner because the 2 doors are way bigger and open way wider.

End result, my 2004 is door ding free but it takes a bunch of thought before I take it into a spot.

I do think you are correct that some SOB bastards do it on purpose just to piss you off.

Oh, one day I had my Corvette at the end of a lot with 50 empty spaces between it and the closest car. Some lard ass lady pulled next to the car with 6 inches between me and her, sure as shit she chipped my door. I waited till she went inside and kicked her door so hard that it inverted. Convex sheet metal became concave.

Probably that was the last time she pulled a stunt like that.

2004 Desert Platinum Coupe, Bose, Sunroof,
2010 Blizzard Pearl Toyota Highlander
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 41 Old 05-28-2009, 05:53 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Send a message via AIM to Jst2366

did you beat it with your walker also?

Quote:
How about you show your sorry ass to me so I can rip your arm off and beat your face with it.
Quote:
14c holds the title 'most STDs accumulated by a virgin'...
post #18 of 41 Old 05-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Over 100 Posts

A little OT but funny; One of my dad's buddies had parked his Harley outside of a Home Depot in a regular parking spot in the front. Some jerk pulled up and actually moved his bike out of the parking space into the area between the spot and the parking lot. Anyhow - he comes out and see's what happened. Some guy standing out front volunteers the information to my dad's buddy. So he thanks the guy, calmly walks over to the home and garden department, picks up a giant keystone rock, walks back over to the guys car and puts it through the windshield. He then gets back on his bike and slowly rides away like it never happened....

post #19 of 41 Old 05-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jst2366 View Post
did you beat it with your walker also?
How about you show your sorry ass to me so I can rip your arm off and beat your face with it.

post #20 of 41 Old 05-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1 View Post
rofl. that was worth it. thanks bob

Quote:
Quote:
post #21 of 41 Old 05-28-2009, 09:20 PM
Over 10,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jst2366 View Post
when i do take my g into parking lots i get called a douche bag because i take up 2 spots.
you get called a douche bag because of your fake tan, hair gel, gold chain, unbuttoned shirt, and popped collar. Don't blame that shit on your car...
post #22 of 41 Old 05-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Over 10,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1 View Post
The MAJORITY of people are jerks out there. There are some good ones, you can tell from where they park.

I ONLY park either next to a vacant handicap spot and I scooch right over to the line on the handicap spot and go with the odds that it will remain empty. I will also seek out an end spot next to some curb and I will do this a million miles from the store or whatever.

If you must park next to someone, try a high end Benz. Lexus or other expensive car that looks shined up and well maintained. Try to pick a four door partner because the 2 doors are way bigger and open way wider.

End result, my 2004 is door ding free but it takes a bunch of thought before I take it into a spot.

I do think you are correct that some SOB bastards do it on purpose just to piss you off.

Oh, one day I had my Corvette at the end of a lot with 50 empty spaces between it and the closest car. Some lard ass lady pulled next to the car with 6 inches between me and her, sure as shit she chipped my door. I waited till she went inside and kicked her door so hard that it inverted. Convex sheet metal became concave.

Probably that was the last time she pulled a stunt like that.
Those are my two favorites Bob. I gotta disagree about next to high end cars...at least around here. They're a dime a dozen and the people who drive them are usually completely oblivious. I can't tell you how many times I see those cars parked in a manner that screams "please teach me a lesson". I never do, but I sure like to think about it sometimes.

I also think planning some time for parking is key...never be too rushed...or that's when they'll get you.
post #23 of 41 Old 05-28-2009, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Over 1,000 Posts

(Thread Starter)

Yeah, I subscribe to the theory that if its a parking lot that is typically full, like where I work ( I have a little more trust in people there than other places) I just park in the most ideal spot (right next to another G is MOST ideal). But if its a massive half empty parking lot, I've started taking up two spaces. People can call me a douche bag for taking up two spots, but at least I'm a douche bag with a lower risk of getting my car F'd up!
post #24 of 41 Old 05-29-2009, 12:24 AM
25-99 Posts

Default In Southern California...

In Southern California it would seem that most people are epic douchebags.

Why? Sense of entitlement. It is amazing... simply amazing what you see around the Los Angeles area...

Like many of you, my car requires being parked far, far from the madding crowd. I have only one "door ding" that is noticeable... it's in a great place too... high up on the rear quarter panel, but I accepted it since it came with the car when I bought it lightly used. Gee, what could cause this type of "door ding" other than a freaking SUV. These are perennially the favorite vehicle in Los Angeles of the douchebag, particularly the Land Rover/Range Rover Sport HSE, or even worse, the Mercedes Benz G500. These vehicles typically attract people with serious personality defects; having said that, I have one very careful and considerate friend with a Range Rover in Park City and one friend in Los Angeles with a Benz G55, but otherwise, take the sweeping generalization I've made to heart.

You don't park next to a "nice" car in Los Angeles... that is usually a tragically self-centered, ego-maniacal movie producer... and he will ding your car without hesitation. Nothing matters except his that his latte remains balanced in his hand as he slide behind the wheel of his S550 or M6.

Safest bet: the first parking spot on a side street so that only your rear bumper is exposed to possible damage.

Parking lots are the work of the devil.

"Does it come in black?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2006 G35 Coupe 6MT Black Obsidian/Graphite
post #25 of 41 Old 05-29-2009, 03:31 AM
Over 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerovdub View Post
you get called a douche bag because of your fake tan, hair gel, gold chain, unbuttoned shirt, and popped collar. Don't blame that shit on your car...
im insulted that you think im a guido.

Quote:
Quote:
post #26 of 41 Old 05-29-2009, 08:47 AM
0-24 Posts

Ya my mother hit my door so I just had brand-new paint on the drivers side after feeling shitty about that I parked it far away from anyone to come out to see a 1inch primer scratch on my door and a few little ones under that I was pisseddddd but I learned its a used care you cant fully keep care of it with idiots you can only try.
post #27 of 41 Old 05-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1167 Post(s)

I try to park in an end spot next to a curb if possible.

'06 Autumn Copper FX35, '11 Alpine White Sentra & 2016 Red Hot Camaro 2SS
post #28 of 41 Old 05-29-2009, 11:53 AM
Over 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by poormansporsche View Post
Those are my two favorites Bob. I gotta disagree about next to high end cars...at least around here.
Yeah, maybe the high end was a stretch because the guy across the way is a Chiropracter, his 5 kids circle his car on their big wheels like an Indian attack from the old west. His car gets slammed and bammed and he could not care less because every 2 years, he gets a new one.

post #29 of 41 Old 05-29-2009, 12:16 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerovdub View Post
post #30 of 41 Old 05-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Over 10,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
jst is the serious one on the right with the 8 carrot diamond earrings
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Infiniti Discussion > G35 Coupe