Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

Haze on paint after debadge!!!

9K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  hankinsrichard79 
#1 ·
Okay so I had debadged my car and came with the problem of having the adhesive there. I used a citrus based spray to break up the adhesive and remove it, only problem is, now there is a Haze color on my red paint in that vicinity. Also, in place of where the badges use to be, is a lighter color of red than the rest of the body. How do I fix both of these without taking my car to a body shop! I don't mind a little elbow grease. Here are pictures I took today after work, not the best but get the point across. Also, what can you use to fill up scratches past the primer. Yes I know, she's not looking too good :(

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
You should polish the trunk lid with a buffer or something electric, like a drill with a buffing wheel. That will help the haze.

The different color under the letters cannot be fixed unless you repaint the trunk lid. It might get better after a while in the sun.

For the deep scratches, some touch up paint should do.

#5 ·
I would just do a professional respray. It's a small area so won't be much. I had to have mine re sprayed bc of a deep scratch. No biggie.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 ·
You can't just paint certain spots. It would be even more obvious than it is now. If you have a spoiler they can just paint the face of the trunk and not the top since you wouldn't be able to see the cutoff line between old paint and new.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#14 ·
Wouldn't the trunk then be a different shade of red than the spoiler/rest of the car?
They blend the paint, when i had to replace the fender and front bumper on my mustang due to a wreck, they sprayed the hood (for free surprisingly) and also half of the drivers door so the change in color wasn't dramatic. So for the trunk maybe they will do a part of the bumper too but i can't be certain. Also I had to throw in, that looks like the type of haze you get when you use some sort of acetone or maybe something else you used to clean up any left over adhesive. Polish will take it out, maybe compound then polish depending on how bad it is.

#15 ·
A plus is the fact that the lid re-spray is the entire surface of that rear fascia of the trunk lid. The way light hits it and reflects will be uniform and different than the top of the trunk lid.
It's tougher when trying to match one side panel to other doors or fenders but this won't be the case with yours. Even the rear bumper has a rounded contour which changes the way light hits it and it's appearance.

#19 ·
I felt the same way.... at first it was a surprise to see it and not expect it but then I kind of thought of it as a tribute to the orginal as factory delivered. It's there if you look for it but just barley. I did do some compound and wax to see if it would rub out by hand but that was before I started to appreciate it. lol

#21 ·
You do NOT need to paint that to fix it.

I've fixed it a million times. All you need to do is cut polish this surface and it will be gone.
Most effective way with with a polisher but you can do this by hand.

Use Mequiars M205 on a soft pad, medium speed and it will fix that in minutes. If by hand you can use a microfibre and M205 to get the same effect just takes longer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.