Im about 700 miles shy of the 30,000 major service recommended by Infiniti. All is fine by me except its about $500! I realize when you buy luxury its gonna cost.
I just had the oil changes and new wipers put on - so that should slash about 60 bucks - but I was wondering what else out of the myriad of things they do would be (well do over the next 5K or 10K miles kinda thing?)
1. Road Test (do that everyday
2. Oil Change (just did that)
3. Oil Filter change and drain plug gasket (did that)
4. Adjust Fluid (already did that about 1000K miles ago
5. Balance and rotate wheels (car is staggered so doesnt help
6. Add fuel inkection additive
7. Replace engine air filters
8. Replace Fuel filter
9. Replace interior cabin micro filter
10. Throttle body and chamber cleaning (huge fan of this - helped my Acura breathe and run better I recall)
11. Adjust base idle (doesn't the chip monitor this?
12. Adjust drive-belt tension
13. Lubricate prop shaft (RWD) - what does this do?
14. Lubricate all locks hinges etc.
15. Drain and refill rear diffrential - (prob necessary)
16. Replace wiper inserts (Just did that)
17. Clean washer jets
18. Test Battery (its new)
19. Test alternator operation
20. Inspect front & rear brake pad condition
I care for my car - I am just trying to see from this list what are the most important things that are essential so that she keeps running smooth for years to come. This is my first Infiniti and my first RWD so I just want to treat her right - but dealers love buyers that just throw $$ at them bec they don't know any better... I wouldn't say Im not one of those people - =P... whic is why I am asking you guys for any advice you could throw my way.
Thanks for taking the time to read !!