Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

2005 g35 sedan blown headgasket

26K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  NINJA 
#1 ·
Hey guys I have an 05 g sedan that overheated pretty bad on my way to work last week. The needle reached all the way to the top. I stopped the car and drove it back home after it cooled. So it turned out it was the thermostat so I replaced it, then I drove the car and it overheated again instantly after I drove it ( it didn't over heat at idle) . So I parked it and started to do research so I possibly blew my gasket when it over heated on my way to work. The signs are that I blow white smoke out the exhaust and I have milky stuff under my oil cap. Also I have no coolant fluid in the spare plastic container and in the radiator its low. The motor run fine there is no clicks or bangs at all.

Thank you any help will help.

#2 ·
Sounds like a head gasket to me...I was worried i blew mine when my thermostat died and G overheated, couple months ago. Your symptoms seem to be that of which I was worried. Sorry for your loss.

#7 ·
hey stillen06

Hey guys I have an 05 g sedan that overheated pretty bad on my way to work last week. The needle reached all the way to the top. I stopped the car and drove it back home after it cooled. So it turned out it was the thermostat so I replaced it, then I drove the car and it overheated again instantly after I drove it ( it didn't over heat at idle) . So I parked it and started to do research so I possibly blew my gasket when it over heated on my way to work. The signs are that I blow white smoke out the exhaust and I have milky stuff under my oil cap. Also I have no coolant fluid in the spare plastic container and in the radiator its low. The motor run fine there is no clicks or bangs at all.

Thank you any help will help.

#10 ·
Thats a budget question...i do know what that would cost, or how much gains are to be had...but i see that as a good time to get a Ecu flash (Osiris - uprev) after, if your about done modding...$$$$

#11 ·
Well the guy did a compression test and it didn't loose any pressure. He said the car was overheating bc there was A LOT of air in the coolant system (that explains why my heater was blowing hot air at idle) . He flushed the coolant system and bleed it. He told me it wasn't over heating anymore...

#20 ·
Yikes ... !
That is a happy ending you don't see too often.
I always thought it was white smoke as well.

Today I was following a Ford turbo diesel blowing white and it really stunk up the inside of my car.
Shortly thereafter, I got 2 chili-cheese and onion coney dogs at a drive-thru ... problem solved. The onions masked the diesel pretty good.

#22 ·
Give it some time to break in, warm up and prove itself before you stress it too much .. especially so if you just had some wrenches on it for hoses, hose clamps etc...

Disregard if you have more money than Warren. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.