Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

2003 G35 Sedan Faulty Camshaft Sensor Fix

20K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  Gilley 
#1 ·
Hello all, I am new to this forum, new to G35's and this is my first post.

I have tried to search for a solution but did not find a problem similar to mine, though I did find some helpful info for the coupe version.

I have a 03 sedan with 125,000. The Service Engine light came on, I ran a diagnostic and it turns out its a faulty camshaft sensor. I have read online that there was a recall on this so I called Infiniti to see what was up and they said that my car was not affected and that they could do nothing more to help.

So my question is, how would I go about replacing it or should I even replace it? I have seen the part online for about $60 and it seems like an easy fix but my car is running fine. But I rather be safe than sorry.

Also, I would really appreciate some pics of the actual sensor or a diagram so I don't have to spend hours looking for it.

I appreciate any input you guys have, thanks!

#6 ·
Thanks for all the input so far guys. Also, if anyone has done this before or has knowledge, what kind of camshaft sensor should I be getting? Angle or straight, LH/RH bank? I am completely clueless on here but refuse to pay the dealer $500 for a $50 part and my own FREE labor.

#9 ·
Hello, I'm new to the forums here as well... my 04 G35 has a faulty cam position sensor as well..

I have the car apart in the garage now...

In order to get to the sensor on the drivers side you need to take the everything off from the Air Box to the throttle body. Not really a big deal.

I'm not doing the passager side now so... I don't know about that...

My question is how do I unhook the sensor... I know it is easy if you know the trick..

Whats the trick?

#10 ·
I have a 03 G35 sedan built in August 2002 (1 month after the recall date). My car turned off while I was driving (on fwy). check engine light on, slip, traction control light on. I put it in neutral and restarted it. I was going 10mph (L.A. traffic top speeds). I manage to get to my smog shop where I pulled the trouble codes. P0340.

Here's what I know about the camshaft position sensor. First, the trouble code for the RH is P0340, LH is P0345.

The RH is located on the Pasenger side. The LH is located on the Drivers side. The RH is angled, the LH is straight.

Second, to remove it, you have to pull and twist the connector harness at the same time. go tothe following web site for detail instructions.
http://nhthqnwws112.odi.nhtsa.dot.g...s/Public/Recalls/2003/V/RCRIT-03V455-9406.pdf

Good luck my friends.

#11 ·
I have a 03 G35 sedan built in August 2002 (1 month after the recall date). My car turned off while I was driving (on fwy). check engine light on, slip, traction control light on. I put it in neutral and restarted it. I was going 10mph (L.A. traffic top speeds). I manage to get to my smog shop where I pulled the trouble codes. P0340.

Here's what I know about the camshaft position sensor. First, the trouble code for the RH is P0340, LH is P0345.

The RH is located on the Pasenger side. The LH is located on the Drivers side. The RH is angled, the LH is straight.

Second, to remove it, you have to pull and twist the connector harness at the same time. go tothe following web site for detail instructions.
http://nhthqnwws112.odi.nhtsa.dot.g...s/Public/Recalls/2003/V/RCRIT-03V455-9406.pdf

Good luck my friends.

Great first post!! thanks and welcome to 6MT :)

#13 ·
Hey guys I just got an 04 g35 Auto with 104K, and 2 days ago my "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" light came on...I had it diognost and they told me its the Camshaft positioning sensor...I see this is a common issue with the G35's...Im ready to fix it just dont kno which sensor it is, i think there is 2 camshaft positioning sensors just dont know which one needs the replacing??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.