Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

Need some help and Advice on G35 2003 Sedan

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MikeG356MT 
#1 ·
Hopefully I have come to the right place. I thought I would save myself some money and order new tires on line and then have them drop shipped to a tire shop to have them installed. Well, I got the tires and they drive really well. The problem is that in the front on the drivers side and on the passenger side the floor board is raised. In talking with my roommate she said that they did not use the correct lift points when they lifted my car to change the tires and now they have bent the frame.

The floor is raised so high on the drivers side that I can not put my foot on the false pedal and I have to take my take my shoe off to drive. It is not so bad on the other side. I really did not notice this until I was about half way to work since I had this done on my way to work yesterday morning.

The shop is not open until Monday morning, and I am a little nervous about calling them and telling them that they messed up my car.

I need to find out exactly what I need to tell them. Do I tell them that they bent the car frame by not using the correct lift points?

I tried to beat the bump down with a hammer but it was not budging. So I tried to lift the carpet up so that I could see exactly what was going on. I could not pull the carpet all the way up because I was so pissed and hot that I was afraid that I was going to rip the carpet. It looks like there is a piece of large styrofoam so beating it with the hammer was fruitless.

My roommate says that I need to call the shop back and file a claim with them and then get their insurance information and then take the car to Infiniti to get it fixed. I would love any suggestions. I love my car and I just want to get this fixed.

The new tires are great I got Michelin Pilots, much better than the Bridgestone that I had before.

Thanks for your time,

Gretchen

See less See more
#2 ·
First take it to your local Infiniti dealership and have them look at it. They should be able to give you some good advice on what you are seeing and if jacking it improperly would cause this. Frankly, it sounds worse than the damage that would be caused by jacking it up in the wrong place. Something else may have happened. Did you leave the car at the tire shop and come back later for it? Perhaps someone went for a drive and damaged the car somehow.

After having Infiniti look at it, then I would contact the shop's manager or owner and complain. You will probably have to follow-up with the Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org) and perhaps a lawyer. Also contact your insurance, they will file a claim against the tire shop to recoup damages they have to pay for.

Hope it works out...

#3 · (Edited)
bent floorboards

Never heard of anything like this in my life! I would take it back to the scene of the crime as thx suggested and have at it. Good luck. Oh and also if you can prove damage was done by the tire shop make then go thru THEIR insurance. You don't want any marks on yours and you also have the choice of where to get it fixed so don't let them say "Well I have a friend who can fix this, etc." Take it where YOU want it fixed. That way you can have confidence in the integrity of the repair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.