Shifted my g35 from 3rd to 2nd (BAD) - 6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums
User Tag List

 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 67 Old 02-16-2017, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
25-99 Posts
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Shifted my g35 from 3rd to 2nd (BAD)

Well I was banging through gears an I was in third like 6,800 rpm ready to shift in 4th an I shifted into second instead didn't mean to I was lucky that I was about 200yrds away from my friends house an I just put in in neutral an let it roll in his driveway I was going like 75

But what it does when I'm in gear an let go of the clutch it makes a super bad scratching/rubbing noise sounds so bad sounds like the rear differential to me not the transmission

Could anybody help me please

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
expressme54 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 67 Old 02-16-2017, 10:29 PM
Over 100 Posts
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Default

Kilometers I hope? And how does it do when you're shifting at say 2,500rpm?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VVladislav is online now  
post #3 of 67 Old 02-16-2017, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
25-99 Posts
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVladislav View Post
Kilometers I hope? And how does it do when you're shifting at say 2,500rpm?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No mph an It bearly let's my go I shift first from dead stop leg go of clutch an it starts making that crazy sound an I can put my ebrake on an let go of the clutch while it's in gear an it never stalls but does keep making that bad sound

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
expressme54 is offline  
 
post #4 of 67 Old 02-16-2017, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
25-99 Posts
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by expressme54 View Post
No mph an It bearly let's my go I shift first from dead stop leg go of clutch an it starts making that crazy sound an I can put my ebrake on an let go of the clutch while it's in gear an it never stalls but does keep making that bad sound

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I'll try an take a video tomorrow when my girlfriend gets off work with the other car

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
expressme54 is offline  
post #5 of 67 Old 02-16-2017, 10:44 PM
Over 100 Posts
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by expressme54 View Post
I'll try an take a video tomorrow when my girlfriend gets off work with the other car

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk


Man that's weird. I had a noise too but it was only when pressing in the clutch. Changed clutch found out the TOB was bad. Problem was solved after that. And yeah a video would help. Right now I'm trying to figure out why my car constantly sounds like it had a flat tire. But all pressures are good just sounds like a flat. Infiniti said it's just the cheap tires haha. But it's annoying.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VVladislav is online now  
post #6 of 67 Old 02-16-2017, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
25-99 Posts
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVladislav View Post
Man that's weird. I had a noise too but it was only when pressing in the clutch. Changed clutch found out the TOB was bad. Problem was solved after that. And yeah a video would help. Right now I'm trying to figure out why my car constantly sounds like it had a flat tire. But all pressures are good just sounds like a flat. Infiniti said it's just the cheap tires haha. But it's annoying.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Could be a bent wheel

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
expressme54 is offline  
post #7 of 67 Old 02-16-2017, 10:49 PM
Over 100 Posts
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by expressme54 View Post
Could be a bent wheel

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk


I thought that too but they said it was fine too. I even had them rebalance the tires.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
VVladislav is online now  
post #8 of 67 Old 02-16-2017, 10:54 PM Thread Starter
25-99 Posts
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVladislav View Post
I thought that too but they said it was fine too. I even had them rebalance the tires.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What kind of tires do you have

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
expressme54 is offline  
post #9 of 67 Old 02-16-2017, 11:06 PM
Over 100 Posts
 
Manual4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by expressme54 View Post
No mph an It bearly let's my go I shift first from dead stop leg go of clutch an it starts making that crazy sound an I can put my ebrake on an let go of the clutch while it's in gear an it never stalls but does keep making that bad sound
Ouch. I'm thinking you might have stripped the teeth on your input shaft.

When you jammed it into 2nd, did it force the engine to redline as well?
Manual4Ever is offline  
post #10 of 67 Old 02-16-2017, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
25-99 Posts
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual4Ever View Post
Ouch. I'm thinking you might have stripped the teeth on your input shaft.
That's sounds more like it it does find when rolling in neutral but if In gear god sounds bad an it bearly wants to go so would I need an new diff?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
expressme54 is offline  
post #11 of 67 Old 02-16-2017, 11:12 PM
Over 100 Posts
 
Manual4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Default

Does it sound like it's coming from the rear of the car or the transmission?

Really, this kind of maneuver could damage any number of things along the drivetrain.

Last edited by Manual4Ever; 02-16-2017 at 11:18 PM.
Manual4Ever is offline  
post #12 of 67 Old 02-16-2017, 11:26 PM Thread Starter
25-99 Posts
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual4Ever View Post
Does it sound like it's coming from the rear of the car or the transmission?

Really, this kind of maneuver could damage any number of things along the drivetrain.
The rear end

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
expressme54 is offline  
post #13 of 67 Old 02-16-2017, 11:33 PM
Over 100 Posts
 
Manual4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 112
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Default

I suppose you could've stripped the diff if the rest if the drivetrain was giving enough resistance after the bad shift.

Do you get that grinding sound in every gear?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Manual4Ever is offline  
post #14 of 67 Old 02-16-2017, 11:37 PM Thread Starter
25-99 Posts
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual4Ever View Post
I suppose you could've stripped the diff if the rest if the drivetrain was giving enough resistance after the bad shift.

Do you get that grinding sound in every gear?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I know 1st an 6th for sure but not about other I just parked rolled in yo my buddy's house an tried to see what it was an than just had him bring me home

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
expressme54 is offline  
post #15 of 67 Old 02-17-2017, 01:46 AM Thread Starter
25-99 Posts
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 90
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manual4Ever View Post
I suppose you could've stripped the diff if the rest if the drivetrain was giving enough resistance after the bad shift.

Do you get that grinding sound in every gear?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Yeah it's my diff sounds just like this
https://youtu.be/tYXppg4Pjc0

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
expressme54 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Infiniti Discussion > G35 Coupe


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shift Grind from 2nd to 3rd jpmm G35 Coupe 1 03-29-2008 06:13 PM
So you love your G, but what's your 2nd/3rd choice for daily driver? gammawolf Totally Off Topic 38 03-06-2006 11:46 AM
2nd and 3rd Gear toanman G35 Coupe 14 02-25-2006 08:32 PM
1st TL, 2nd BMW 3, 3rd G35..... jhan1102 G35 Sedan 2003-06 1 12-12-2004 01:04 PM
2nd or 3rd gear burnout oakpwr G35 Coupe 7 09-27-2004 09:59 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome