VDC stand for??? - 6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums
6MT.net now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Infiniti G35 Coupe / Sedan Infiniti G35

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Infiniti Discussion > G35 Coupe
Register Home Forum Active Topics / Realtime Photo Gallery Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

6mt.net is the premier Infiniti Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2004, 03:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Over 100 Posts

Send a message via AIM to godlike0104 Send a message via MSN to godlike0104
Default VDC stand for???

what is VDC stand for?
whats the correct way on using it??

What does it effect?? thanks
godlike0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2004, 03:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Over 2,500 Posts

Send a message via AIM to G35Princess Send a message via Yahoo to G35Princess

VDC= Vehical Dynamic Control.

A sudden change in surface consistency can affect your car's stability during evasive driving. Vehicle Dynamic Control* uses various sensors to help determine your steered path and keep you in control. If your vehicle begins to understeer (plow forward) or oversteer (fishtail), VDC applies appropriate brake pressure to individual wheels and/or reduces engine output to help keep your vehicle on its steered path.

*Infiniti VDC system is designed to help improve driving stability, but does not prevent accidents due to abrupt steering or by careless or dangerous driving techniques. Always drive safely.
(Got that off infiniti site for you)

Some people like it off cuz they want to have control over their car. I like to keep mines on..especially during slick rain, etc...
Hope that helps.

2004 G35Coupe/Black Obsidian/Graphite/ Premium/NAVI/Aero/Rear Spoiler/18"/AT/Clear corners
G35Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 08:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Over 5,000 Posts

Send a message via AIM to Ru_G36c

good explanation gp.

Take the G to an large empty parking lot. Drive it hard into a few turns and such. THen turn the VDC off and do it again. It's a good system that I'm sure has saved most of our butts a good number of times

Ru_G36c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 09:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Over 2,500 Posts

My advice is to never disable the VDC on the road. You shouldn't be driving hard enough that it kicks in anyway. But of course we all do [] so it's safest to leave it on.

"struan87 you are way better than Google!" --BCole
Pictures.
struan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 10:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Over 2,500 Posts

Send a message via AIM to dholly

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by struan87

My advice is to never disable the VDC on the road.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> That makes sense for anyone not intending to drive their sport coupe or sedan in a spirited, sporty way I suppose. But most advanced driving schools advocate disabling VDC at some point in your driving skills learning curve. The idea of understanding exactly how your vehicle handles at it's limits in any variety of conditions - as well as what happens when you pass those limits - is critical to your understanding of exactly what it takes to either maintain or regain control and not make the situation worse. That makes perfect sense to me. Of course, experimenting with VDC off in an unsafe location or conditions certainly does not.

I don't know about anyone else, but I bump into VDC regularly. While undisputably a good thing, I think it is set to kick in too early. For example, if you just want to step the azz end out a bit for fun with throttle input, it reels you in so quickly as to make it nearly impossible. Booo....

2004 | 6MTs | Diamond Graphite/Graphite
Upstate NY
dholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 10:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Over 2,500 Posts

Hey dholly,
I agree with everything you said, but I stand by my statement because most people don't take advanced driving schools. With my autocross experience and couple schools under my belt, I'm confident that I can handle my car, but I still leave VDC on in uncontrolled situations because it's safer--I can't always be in control of what's going on around me. I know what it does to the car, so it doesn't surprise me when it kicks in. Sure there are times when I want to throttle steer, but I don't do it unless I'm on a closed course.

Pictures.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Over 2,500 Posts

I understand your point and I really don't disagree. In fact, I keep my VDC on pretty much all the time except for hard launches and those times I want to have some fun or experiment. However, long before VDC technology came about, even every-day drivers were made better drivers by this knowledge and so I continue to believe everyone can benefit. A perfect example is the number of posts I read about someone crashing their car after inadvertantly leaving the VDC off. Their reliance upon VDC, and total ignorance of how to control their car in it's absence, led to what may have been an avoidable disaster.

Upstate NY
Old 09-28-2004, 11:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
Over 2,500 Posts

I guess the question is whether it's better to avoid disaster by leaving the VDC on or by knowing how to control your car in every situation. While I'd like everyone to do the latter, I think the former is more realistic in our world of cell phone-talkin', breakfast-eatin', CD-changin' drivers []

Pictures.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Over 2,500 Posts

...don't forget the mascara and lipstick crowd with their face stuck to the visor mirror. I'm all for good-looking but, daymn, that ain't right!

Upstate NY
Old 09-28-2004, 11:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
Over 500 Posts

Also if you ever think about racing anyone in a 6 MT .. Forget about keeping the VDC on.. My first experience was racing my friend in a G35 Sedan AT.. I should pull away easy right ?? No.. Unless You do a hard launch, you won't pull ahead at first against an AT, I catch up to him in first gear, shift to 2nd at redline.. and then nothing.. as if the car had died.. I did not realize what had happened..
The VDC light was on.. It cut the gas of to stop the tires from churping between 1st and 2nd gears.. Result.. My friend kicked my ass.. I had to explain that we have to try again and even him in an AT knew better about the VDC

Rami
2004 6 speed MT Coupe DG/Willow/Premium/XM
Pedals/Clear Corners/k&N Air filter/40% Huper Tint
rbichara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 12:04 PM   #11 (permalink)
Over 2,500 Posts

I got the fuel cutoff to kick in on a 2 > 3 shift once, hehe.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Over 2,500 Posts

Send a message via AIM to G35Princess Send a message via Yahoo to G35Princess

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dholly

...don't forget the mascara and lipstick crowd with their face stuck to the visor mirror. I'm all for good-looking but, daymn, that ain't right!

Upstate NY
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Would NEVER do that in my G... If you need makeup to look good, put it on in the house. Ugly people do not deserve to drive sexy car!!!

seriously though I see girls to do that (not the G so far, but it's like WTF?--- that's so dangerous...even I avoid them)

2004 G35Coupe/Black Obsidian/Graphite/ Premium/NAVI/Aero/Rear Spoiler/18"/AT/Clear corners
G35Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Over 500 Posts

Yeah the best ones are the ones that are sticking that mascara stick right in their eye. Most of the time lately I'm getting people on the cell phone not watching what the hell they are doing. Who the hell are you talking to at 6 am!!!

'04 Infiniti G35/coupe/6MT/Ivory Pearl/Willow Leather/Premium Pkg/Aero Kit
AZ-G35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 01:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Over 2,500 Posts

VDC = Visually Distracting Cosmotology??!
Old 09-28-2004, 01:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
Over 1,000 Posts

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by dholly

VDC = Visually Distracting Cosmotology??!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

[lol][lol][lol]
Fastforward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Infiniti Discussion > G35 Coupe