Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

Bluetooth vs AUX

12K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Zé Tahir 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new here. Got a question for you guys.

I have an '05 g35 coupe and I'm interested in getting either a Bluetooth adapter, GROM BT3-NIS02 to be exact (found it after doing some research), or an AUX adapter (iSimple ISNI531). I'm leaning towards the Bluetooth adapter because I'll be able to control audio from the steering wheel.

The dilemma I'm facing is that it seems some people have complained the GROM adapter on music playback produces static and some say that when they're on the phone the people they're talking to complain about echo/bad audio quality.

Maybe the AUX set-up will be the safer route to go? I mean can live without having steering wheel controls.

I'd appreciate if someone could shed some light on this if any of you g35 owners have this set up or are familiar with it.

Thanks.

PS: Sorry if I'm starting a new thread if one like it already exists but I ended up registering here after hours of (futile) googling this prob.

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't know anything helpful specifically, but if you google bluetooth input G 35 you will see some links including 2 or more Youtube videos that may offer helpful info or the entire procedure.

Using the term aux input also brings up many hits, some to Driver and look at anything that links back to 6MT. I know it's come up here before.

~ Welcome and congrats on your G 35 c !!

#3 ·
Thanks man.

I have looked up the youtube vids, there's mostly about how it works and it's actually where I read the complaints in the comments.

I have a lot of info on the AUX input and imo will be the safer bet. It's the Bluetooth I'm worried about and am inquiring about really.

#8 ·
I'm running an iSimple iPhone interface, and I use Bluetooth for streaming Pandora rather than the aux input. Sounds great and I have no problems with noise. The hands-free phone feature is not great according to the people I talk to, so I usually just pick up the phone for calls.

#9 · (Edited)
Just bumping this thread to give a brief review on the GROM BT3-NIS02 adapter. I decided to not get the AUX-in/iPod/USB charging combination cable because I didn't want an iPod or a charging cable but once I got the adapter I realized the back of the adapter has an AUX input that only accepts that specific cable. Anyway I decided to do without AUX and hooked the adapter up to my stereo for its bluetooth capability. The quality on streaming music is absolutely amazing. In the end I'm happy I didn't order the AUX cable because it's unnecessary considering the quality I'm getting with bluetooth plus I have no wires laying around.

The bluetooth mic though is a hit and miss. Some people told me they hear me just fine and were impressed with the quality of the call once I told them I was using the handsfree feature while others have complained about hearing static noise and being able to hear themselves.

Steering wheel controls work just fine. Only weird thing there is that the forward track toggle (moving the toggle up i.e.) actually moves the track back...actually it makes the song start playing from the beginning. Moving the toggle down is actually what changes the track. One of the coolest features you can use is if you tap the Scan button on the stereo twice you can turn Google Now on and give it commands to call someone or start playing music.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.