LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 07-16-2013, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
25-99 Posts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default 6000k or 10000k? Hid bulbs

I've decided my front end needs a little something more appealing and I've decided to get a quick cheap bulb replacement for the headlights. I've found some awesome deals on amazon for the diamond white 6000k bulbs or 10000k blue bulbs.
Which one would be better? I feel like lots of ricers and just cheap cars go with the 10000k because they think it looks flashier which makes me want to keep it classy with some bright white but slightly blueish headlights.
Which would you recommend?
I also have a complete white led swap on the whole car except for the headlights, but I'm thinking that the 6000k would match up with them very nicely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 07-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Over 1,000 Posts
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)

Are you going for look, functionality, or both? The 10K bulbs might look cool but you'll have limited visibility due to light output. Higher color temp=less light output. The 6K are a good balance between looks and light output. I also like you matching you other LED idea. Here is what my 6k setup looks like.

FYI: the LED is not constant

I'd recommend this site for bulbs. Not because they are the cheapest (good fair prices) but I've have great experience with their products for 5+ years. Only thing I would not recommend I'd the SMT LED wedge bulbs, due to failure and not quite 6k color.

http://www.hidonlinestore.com/
post #3 of 10 Old 07-16-2013, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
25-99 Posts

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot6mt View Post
Are you going for look, functionality, or both? The 10K bulbs might look cool but you'll have limited visibility due to light output. Higher color temp=less light output. The 6K are a good balance between looks and light output. I also like you matching you other LED idea. Here is what my 6k setup looks like.

FYI: the LED is not constant

I'd recommend this site for bulbs. Not because they are the cheapest (good fair prices) but I've have great experience with their products for 5+ years. Only thing I would not recommend I'd the SMT LED wedge bulbs, due to failure and not quite 6k color.

Premium Quality HID Conversion Kit, HID Bulbs Replacement, HID Ballast, & other auto accessories parts FREE SHIPPING
Yea I decided to go with the 6k.
Wow! Your setup looks awesome!
I'm looking for mine to look exactly like that. What are those little orange circles called that you replaced? Also are those fog lights bulbs? Or normal hid blubs

post #4 of 10 Old 07-16-2013, 04:51 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Quoted: 81 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicknshift View Post
Yea I decided to go with the 6k.
Wow! Your setup looks awesome!
I'm looking for mine to look exactly like that. What are those little orange circles called that you replaced? Also are those fog lights bulbs? Or normal hid blubs
Thanks for the kind words. I think you'll be happy. improves the looks yet still functional. Those are 06 projector lights, which have a clear vs. orange BLINKER LENS. When they added the projector to the headlights they also eliminated the orange blinker lens that was constant on and blinked with the turnsignal. I think they sell clear blinker lens, BUT you have to open the housing. People do it, but I'd be afraid I wouldn't get them back together. The 06 projector are far superior the the 03-05 reflector lens as far as visibly even though both are HID units. Used to be one of the first/best upgrades to do, but discontinuation of the $500 OEM sets new, has caused supply and demand to kick in and they now can go for upwards of 1K.

The fog light you see is a HID conversion kit for the fogs. I got them at the place above also (about $65 for the slim kit). Easy to install. You drop the bumper, remove the lights and install the kit. Bulbs can be replace w/out the bumper cover removal, but it is way easier to take the time to remove the lights and install is cleaner.
post #5 of 10 Old 07-16-2013, 07:12 PM
Super Duper Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1162 Post(s)

I had 10,000 k bulbs. They suck if you want to see things at night. Plus I think they are poser now.

Good choice going with the 6000 k

'06 Autumn Copper FX35, '11 Alpine White Sentra & 2016 Red Hot Camaro 2SS
post #6 of 10 Old 07-16-2013, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
25-99 Posts

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot6mt View Post
Thanks for the kind words. I think you'll be happy. improves the looks yet still functional. Those are 06 projector lights, which have a clear vs. orange BLINKER LENS. When they added the projector to the headlights they also eliminated the orange blinker lens that was constant on and blinked with the turnsignal. I think they sell clear blinker lens, BUT you have to open the housing. People do it, but I'd be afraid I wouldn't get them back together. The 06 projector are far superior the the 03-05 reflector lens as far as visibly even though both are HID units. Used to be one of the first/best upgrades to do, but discontinuation of the $500 OEM sets new, has caused supply and demand to kick in and they now can go for upwards of 1K.

The fog light you see is a HID conversion kit for the fogs. I got them at the place above also (about $65 for the slim kit). Easy to install. You drop the bumper, remove the lights and install the kit. Bulbs can be replace w/out the bumper cover removal, but it is way easier to take the time to remove the lights and install is cleaner.
Oh I see. Wow 1k for some headlights! Jeez. I found some on craigslist a few weeks ago brand new only used for maybe a month or two for $400, should have took that deal but didnt know at the time.
Yea I like the fog light conversion kit. Provides extra light it looks like.

I'm gonna take it one step at a time. I got the 6k bulbs so ill see how it looks fr there and if it needs more than ill add as I go. Thanks for the site by the way, definitely be buying off them from now on. I'm just curious how these bulbs will look that I got off amazon. The original price was $80 but it was only at $15! It was also $30 cheaper than the 10,000k so I hope they work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley View Post
I had 10,000 k bulbs. They suck if you want to see things at night. Plus I think they are poser now.

Good choice going with the 6000 k
Yea I see tons of ricers with them now. Tbh it doesn't even look good because the cars are so old then the headlights look more modern and it just annoys me.
post #7 of 10 Old 07-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I have 6000ks and piaa extreme white fog bulbs I didn't install yet. I'll get pics up when I do

'06 coupe 6MT-stillen intake,exhaust, HFC's and sways/Hawk, R1/ mrev2/ JDM DD w/ pioneer
AVH-X5500BHS..... pending- plenum spacer and Osiris
post #8 of 10 Old 07-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

After 8000k you really start to lose output. That's why we only carry up to 8000k.

If you want your HIDs to match an LED white color chose a 6000k.

4300K is straight white.

Feel free to PM me if you need help with lighting, I'm here to help with any and all lighting questions!

-Nick C.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

6MT Sponsor
post #9 of 10 Old 07-17-2013, 02:20 PM Thread Starter
25-99 Posts

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
After 8000k you really start to lose output. That's why we only carry up to 8000k.

If you want your HIDs to match an LED white color chose a 6000k.

4300K is straight white.

Feel free to PM me if you need help with lighting, I'm here to help with any and all lighting questions!

-Nick C.
Ok good thing I chose the 6k.
How are the 6k in comparison to the stock 04 hid headlights?
The stock setup is really nice and bright and I don't want to loose the light output.
post #10 of 10 Old 07-17-2013, 02:32 PM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicknshift View Post
Ok good thing I chose the 6k.
How are the 6k in comparison to the stock 04 hid headlights?
The stock setup is really nice and bright and I don't want to loose the light output.
The higher you go in kelvins on the scale, the less light output you get. However, with 6000k and 8000k it's still going to be exceptionally bright. You probably won't notice any decrease in output.

It will look 100x more awesome with LEDs though I can tell you that

Nick C.

6MT Sponsor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Infiniti Discussion > G35 Coupe