post #1 of 25 Old 06-19-2013, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Over 100 Posts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default How to install an auxiliary input

Hello,

I have a 2006 6mt, 6 cd charger and no nav unit.

I had the radio satellite and it was working good. Last year, I paid like 150$ for the radio + subscription.

However, they are asking 235$ for a 1 year renewal. That's 19$ per month. too much for me.

I have all the 80' music on my phone (android phone, google nexus s) and I want to install an auxiliary input.

I came accross this topic: Auxiliary input

but it doesn't show how to install and what to buy.

I will continue my research but in the meantime, if someone have some link for me, I will appreciate.

thanks

Last edited by maximebeauvais; 06-19-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 06-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Over 500 Posts

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I am not 100% sure but i believe all you need is an audio cable that goes from RCA connection (red and white) to head phone connection (3.5mm) and it just plugs in the back of the radio and you fish it out to wherever you want it to go.

05 G35C 6MT-SPA Turbo custom kit-Osiris Dyno Tuned -HKS Blow off valve-Stillen Cat-back Exhaust
post #3 of 25 Old 06-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1166 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammyflex520 View Post
I am not 100% sure but i believe all you need is an audio cable that goes from RCA connection (red and white) to head phone connection (3.5mm) and it just plugs in the back of the radio and you fish it out to wherever you want it to go.
I wish it was that simple but no one thought to do that when designing the radio.

You need an adapter that plugs into the sat harness.

I used the USA Spec in my FX and it is better then the PAC Audio unit I have in my sedan.

I actually have the Infiniti OEM iPod adapter that plugs into the sat harness in the trunk if you want to go that route.

'06 Autumn Copper FX35, '11 Alpine White Sentra & 2016 Red Hot Camaro 2SS

post #4 of 25 Old 06-19-2013, 11:54 AM
Over 1,000 Posts

Quoted: 81 Post(s)

I had the USA Spec PA15-NIS for my iphone. Like this:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=70737976554

The unit was about $125 and allowed me to charge my phone and play music, pandora, and any other streaming audio. Sound was great. Plug and Play. With that being said, I did have to remove MOST if the dash to pull the radio out, access the back, to plug into the "satellite" jack in the rear. Install was 1 1/2 hours (probably less). There should be DIY videos/pics on G35 Driver or YouTube. To show nuts, panels, etc that need to be removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximebeauvais View Post
Hello,

I have a 2006 6mt, 6 cd charger and no nav unit.

I had the radio satellite and it was working good. Last year, I paid like 150$ for the radio + subscription.

However, they are asking 235$ for a 1 year renewal. That's 19$ per month. too much for me.

I have all the 80' music on my phone (android phone, google nexus s) and I want to install an auxiliary input.

I came accross this topic: Auxiliary input

but it doesn't show how to install and what to buy.

I will continue my research but in the meantime, if someone have some link for me, I will appreciate.

thanks
post #5 of 25 Old 06-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Over 500 Posts

Wow - fail on infiniti

05 G35C 6MT-SPA Turbo custom kit-Osiris Dyno Tuned -HKS Blow off valve-Stillen Cat-back Exhaust
post #6 of 25 Old 06-19-2013, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Over 100 Posts

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

just to be sure. is the auxiliary plug will fit for an Iphone/ipd and Android model? I don't have an iphone/ipod.....only Android phone.

I saw a lot of post that people are saying that they use that method or this method to plug their iphone/ipod.

So far I have the isni531 adaptor that fit and isni571...cost around 70-80 on ebay.

I will take a look at the USA Spec PA15-NIS to see if it,s ok.
post #7 of 25 Old 06-19-2013, 01:43 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

You have to search for an adapter for your CAR and PHONE. The one I mentioned was for iphone not android. However, they might make a solution for your car and phone. The wire that from the USA spec unit to the phone is specific for the phone meaning they may make an android cord to run from the unit to your phone. You'll have to check. Try searching for "android phone adaptor for Infiniti".
post #8 of 25 Old 06-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Another thing you could do is send a question to the seller in the link above. I asked several questions and got friendly and prompt responses. He also recommended I call USA Spec directly re:an issue I was having with my phone.

When I originally bought the unit, I called them for tech support. They are very friendly, helpful, and know their stuff. If they don't have a solution that works for you they could probably point you in the right direction.
post #9 of 25 Old 06-19-2013, 04:13 PM
JBB
25-99 Posts
Supporting Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I installed an iSimple interface for iPhone/iPod with Bluetooth, which also included a separate aux input. Works very well. They have a droid interface, and just about any other kind you would need. They include a wiring harness that plugs into the factory wiring.

'04 DG Coupe, 6MT, Brembo, Mdyne plenum spacer, ZTube, 20" TSW Carthage, '06 Projectors, Pioneer Double DIN HU
post #10 of 25 Old 06-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Does it charge the Iphone too? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
I installed an iSimple interface for iPhone/iPod with Bluetooth, which also included a separate aux input. Works very well. They have a droid interface, and just about any other kind you would need. They include a wiring harness that plugs into the factory wiring.
post #11 of 25 Old 06-19-2013, 06:40 PM
JBB
25-99 Posts
Supporting Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot6mt View Post
Does it charge the Iphone too? Thanks.
Yes it does, but I always stream Pandora through Bluetooth rather than plug it in. That way i can also talk hands-free while driving. If I need to charge I use the passenger side power outlet. The cable for the phone is very long, so I ended up removing it to get it out of my way. But if I had been using it, I could have re-routed it. Their website has the Infiniti specific requirements.
I'll be removing this unit pretty soon if you're interested- I bought a double din head unit that has an iPhone interface (just need a free day to install!)

'04 DG Coupe, 6MT, Brembo, Mdyne plenum spacer, ZTube, 20" TSW Carthage, '06 Projectors, Pioneer Double DIN HU
post #12 of 25 Old 06-24-2013, 12:28 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
Yes it does, but I always stream Pandora through Bluetooth rather than plug it in. That way i can also talk hands-free while driving. If I need to charge I use the passenger side power outlet. The cable for the phone is very long, so I ended up removing it to get it out of my way. But if I had been using it, I could have re-routed it. Their website has the Infiniti specific requirements.
I'll be removing this unit pretty soon if you're interested- I bought a double din head unit that has an iPhone interface (just need a free day to install!)
I may be interested. How much? I haven't decided if I'm going to upgraded my head unit. I pulled out my MB Quart Separates (4), ZenClosure Box w/ 2 10s, cap, and two old school Rockford Fosgate early 90s amps. Only thing I didn't keep was my line converter. I hate to go through the expense of a new LC and the wiring hassle it took to hook it up.
post #13 of 25 Old 06-24-2013, 02:18 PM
25-99 Posts

Quote:
I may be interested. How much? I haven't decided if I'm going to upgraded my head unit. I pulled out my MB Quart Separates (4), ZenClosure Box w/ 2 10s, cap, and two old school Rockford Fosgate early 90s amps. Only thing I didn't keep was my line converter. I hate to go through the expense of a new LC and the wiring hassle it took to hook it up.
Its not thaaat hard. Couple of wires here and there but its not that bad. If you werent adding those MB's you would save a good amount of time..iPad mini in the dash and call it a day lol. About the same price as a quality double din...
post #14 of 25 Old 06-24-2013, 03:17 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheese20323 View Post
Its not thaaat hard. Couple of wires here and there but its not that bad. If you werent adding those MB's you would save a good amount of time..iPad mini in the dash and call it a day lol. About the same price as a quality double din...
iPad mini, hunh? That is a really great idea. I probably complicated things with the LC you have. I tapped into all the wiring at the speaker levels. My current car has a simple LC installed for the base. I guess I should look what he tapped into. I believe to Blose head unit only sends low frequency to the rear 6x9s so that wouldn't work for the other speakers. I suppose I could tap into one of the full range channels and pass through to the second amp, but would lose my ability to adjust things (fade, balance).
post #15 of 25 Old 06-24-2013, 09:49 PM
25-99 Posts

Quote:
iPad mini, hunh? That is a really great idea. I probably complicated things with the LC you have. I tapped into all the wiring at the speaker levels. My current car has a simple LC installed for the base. I guess I should look what he tapped into. I believe to Blose head unit only sends low frequency to the rear 6x9s so that wouldn't work for the other speakers. I suppose I could tap into one of the full range channels and pass through to the second amp, but would lose my ability to adjust things (fade, balance).
Correct the 6x9's only receive about 100hz and down. I can take a picture of the way you cut the wires and stuff if you would like. The easiest since you already have a bass amp is to tap into the 2 rear speakers when you are installing the MB's( run the wire back to the trunk from the panel) put an LOC there and use Y splitters to split the signal(so you can have fronts and rears). But just like you said you wont have any way to adjust the fade and such but all you really need is to set the settings on the amp right. The sound wouldn't be as good as when you had the audiocontrol unit but it would still get the job done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Infiniti Discussion > G35 Coupe