Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

What have you done to your Infiniti lately

241K views 2K replies 107 participants last post by  diarson 
#1 ·
I looked around the forum and didn't find a thread like this but if you know of one let me know and kill this thread. I've seen threads like this on other forums and thought it'd be interesting to strt one here.

I'll start it off:

I did an oil change, changed my spark plugs and sprayed my rims black. Threw on some gold lug nuts and valve stem caps that bring out the Brembo calipers nicely.

#2 ·
Put 350z spec tokico d spec struts and tein h techs as well as an SPC camber kit couple months ago. Just got a double din, waiting for the jdm kit in the mail then that is going in.

Also got new hankook v12's for the front and an oil change as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

#10 ·
Filled mine up today $60 later.

Ninja - how is your turbo treating you??? [/B]

#18 ·
Filled mine up today $60 later.

Ninja - how is your turbo treating you??? [/B]
Going well. No problems so far. My mileage is still over 24mpg, usually, mixed. Its actually gotten better since I retuned with stock plenum. Kinetix couldn't handle the boost.

#12 ·
Wiper blades yesterday, rainx treatment on windshield a few days ago. Tried to find 93 oct gas yesterday but no luck.

still needs; fresh detail and wax before winter

#13 ·
Just replaced my OEM rear struts last night at 78,500 miles with Tokico HP series struts. Replaced the belts a couple weeks ago. Also, took apart and cleaned the passenger's side window motor when it stopped working a month ago. Works like a charm now :) Vinyl wrapped the hood in flat black and next I'm doing the roof in carbon fiber and the trunk as well as the spoiler in flat black vinyl.

Next in line I am tinting the windows with 20% rear and side, 35% front. I'll post up pics next weekend since the tints are arriving on Wednesday. Super stoked!

2003 Red G35 Coupe 6mt w/ Brembo brakes

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

#15 ·
Dumped sea foam in the tank. Nothing exciting. I'm itching to squeeze some more power from the motor but I think I need to be good until the new year.

#21 ·
added;

-air to the left rear tire a few times in the past 3 weeks ,, losing about 2 - 4 psi every 7 -10 days. Probably picked up a nail in my driveway from all the flooring/carpet work.

-wrong size wiper to passenger side so now it misses the outside end of the swipe by one inch or so.

#22 ·
In the past four months (my summer) I have done quite a lot to my g. Here are the chronological changes/mods. Injen CAI, Motordyne 5/16 plenum spacer, Motordyne MREV2, eBay strut tower bar, Nismo oil & rad caps, JDM battery cover, Motordyne ART pipes, HR Y-pipe, cat delete. After my engine mods were done I polished my plenum and timing cover and purchased the Rare JDM engine cover.

I decided the cat delete was too raspy so I went to the g37 oem exhaust. So I added the g37 rear sway bar and the mid pipes. Then I got Tanabe mufflers when my g37 muffler broke. After the "go fast mods," I got a Wilwood big brake kit. I also had 3M put on my front bumper, hood and headlights. After that I got a JDM grill and put the Skyline R34 "S" on the front and "SKYLINE" on the trunk. To finish everything off I had the car dyno tuned at Lightspeed Innovations using the Osiris software. I think that is everything. My final numbers after all this were 242.2 hp and 243.6tq on a dynojet.

#23 ·
wow its been several months since I have posted on this forum, but lately I have been unemployed so no new parts but just raced an enduro autocross in Oregon, did rather well. And had to purchase new tires for daily driving (tried the Hankook v12's). My R-comp racing tires are corded as of last weekend so I need a job only to pay for a new set, oh yeah and for food.

#25 ·
Figured out why the passenger side wiper blade was skipping -

by removing a piece of plastic stuck in the frame.
I went 18" because the 17" was out of stock and was thinking the + size blade was the reason for it not swiping clean.
18" works though. They are Michelin stealth hybrid.

Some of the latest reviewed blades I have read of are the type that bend to the curve of windshields but don't do all that well on the more flat glass.
It's good to know what to buy since even cheap blades these days are $9 and up per ea.

#27 ·
Was fitment a concern or were you just looking for another car detail to work on?
I think heat dissipation could be a benefit if the other amp was too cramped.

I kinda miss the days of selling car audio systems (circa early 80's) and having our install guy set them up. It was fun to see how the various components worked/sounded together as the end result but, our typical client wasn't the gonzo power grid thief. Most of our stuff was 35 to 50 per side front and 100 + rear, some with a sub component driver-amp.
In those days, time spent using a frequency spectrum analyzer was the most productive, informative time spent since automobile accoutics suck and vary so significantly.

I'm sure most stuff today is pre-equalized to offer some common parameters that can be generalized for cars or trucks and make it less science for the end users.

#28 ·
It was completely a fitment issue. The old amp, though still a relatively small Alpine PDX amp, still took up too much room under the seat for anyone's feet to fit under there. I replaced it with a Rockford Fosgate PBR300X1, which is really small. It turned out well and now there is foot room under the seat.

PUNCH Amplifiers - PBR300X1 - Rockford Fosgate®

#29 ·
Looks very compact for that power rating and definitely a respectable price.

Being away from it and out of the market for so long, I was pretty impressed at a costs these days. The only thing I've done in years was a 70 watt/3 channel w/ mono out put for the sub box in my old Jeeper a few years back, Sony amp. The Kenwood head unit I kept as the front channel 50 watt but 'clean spec' rating was 22. It worked very nice overall and I used a cable/bike lock to secure the sub even though the carpet box was $7 at Goodwill and the driver was a freebee from points I earned at Pep Boys. I probably had $450 in the whole thing as installed by CAR TOYs -Head unit and install with the HD wires etc,,, You don't want to get too $$ serious with Wranglers due to security. I was very pleased with the end result though. Most of the stuff was fairly well protected or waterproof as I didn't use a top too often. The amp was hidden and bolted under a seat and raised off the floor for drainage purposes and the head unit detached from the dash to keep wandering eyes disinterested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.