LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 Old 11-19-2009, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Over 250 Posts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Osiris Tune Vs. Cobb Accessport

so i have been heavily researching G35 ECU tunes and i have come to believe the top contenders are the Osiris full tune and the Cobb Accessport.

but it seems to me like the Accessport offers pretuned maps just like Osiris, but at the same time offers a lot more customization and options that Osiris does not offer. it also offers trial mode, which lets you record 0-60 times and quarter mile times.

But in researching Cobb's stage 1 and stage 2 maps, they mention that you must qualify for them depending on what mods you have on your car. it said if you had, for example, a plenum spacer, that it would not tune to that specific mod correctly and therefore the car would run extremely lean, and would cause engine damage.

someone please shed some light on this for me. i plan on getting a spacer very soon, and i need to find an ECU tune that covers everything, without any risk for engine damage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

|Stillen and more Stillen | TopSpeed | Strup | Megan | AMS | Nismo | Motordyne | Nokya | Stance | SPC Performance | Z1 Street Kit | | Z1 Ultra-Light Fly | Other Z1 Goodies|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 11-19-2009, 08:51 PM
ʂȗрϵᴚ ɱȭđěŗƭȱȑ
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

From all the reading I've done whaen I get the $$$ I'll get Osiris
post #3 of 19 Old 11-19-2009, 10:18 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Send a message via Yahoo to msl558

I have the cobb access port and currently running on stage 1 map. I have a motordyne plenum spacer, Injen CAI Mega Ram and just installed a Kinetix upper and lower plenum spacer. I haven't have a chance to get the car checked and re-tuned but I will soon!

So far I have no problem with the Cobb and happy with it improved my 0-60 run but I haven't tried the 1/4 mile test yet.

post #4 of 19 Old 11-23-2009, 12:17 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

There is no way a plenum spacer alone would make the car run so lean you would run into pre-ignition unless there is a problem with the tune in the first place.

Pre-canned tunes are fine, but COBB should be able to get you a remote tune in conjunction with a local tuner in your area. (Dyno your car, send them the info, they email back the map, and you load it)

Now I'm just laid bad - G35Princess
R.I.P. MBC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 Old 11-23-2009, 12:20 PM
ʂȗрϵᴚ ɱȭđěŗƭȱȑ

That sounds like Osiris
post #6 of 19 Old 11-23-2009, 12:21 PM

^^^I don't know anything about Osiris.

R.I.P. MBC

post #7 of 19 Old 11-23-2009, 12:24 PM
ʂȗрϵᴚ ɱȭđěŗƭȱȑ

Well good guess, because that's pretty much how they do it. The major difference is their program is PC based software. You log a few runs on your car, email the file, the email you a map back that you load. You can use the cruise buttons to cycle through 5 (IIRC) maps.

They now have a "tuner" version for those who want to tweak it themselves
post #8 of 19 Old 11-23-2009, 05:28 PM
25-99 Posts

Not to derail this thread, but is it worth getting an ECU tune when the only mods I have are intake? Basically, would an ECU tune increase performance on its own or does it need spacer mods to be effective?

Sorry if this is a noob question, but everything I've worked on before my G has been old Jeeps and I mostly dealt with the body and not so much the engine. So, I'm new to the performance world.
post #9 of 19 Old 11-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

If you only have an intake I'm not recommending to get it tune, although you can get a little gain but it's a waste of money. I f you have exhaust, plenum spacer or FI or NA it worth it. again that's just my own opinion.
post #10 of 19 Old 11-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Over 100 Posts

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I have the Cobb AP and I am very disappointed with the results. I uploaded the map for a stock car setup and saw absolutely no differance. Then when I decided to get a Z tube I had to worry about if it was going to make the car run to lean. So I called the Tech support for Cobb and they told me that an intake tube shuld not make the car run too lean but if you put a plenum spacer on you would have to get a protune because you run the risk of running the car lean. Now for the record of course I am not going to see much performance gain because I have minimal mods. But I talked to a guy with a 350Z that had all the things on his car that qualifys it for the Stage 2 map. He said he had to change it back to the Stage1 map because his car was running to lean. IMO save your money because this is not an upgrade the you are gonna feel.

2003 G35, Brembos, billet grille, clear corners, Plenum Spacer, KN Filter, Chin Spoiler, Z Tube
post #11 of 19 Old 11-24-2009, 02:33 AM
Over 1,000 Posts

IMO.. you must have more than intake to used this kind of tuner port. I'm not happy with cobb the first time i got it cause It really doesn't make a difference. after adding some mods like plenumsapcer, CAI, kinetix SSV and soon high flow cats, I noticed the gain and engine response every bolt on. after the high flow will go to stage 2 and re tuned.
post #12 of 19 Old 11-24-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thickitt View Post
Not to derail this thread, but is it worth getting an ECU tune when the only mods I have are intake? Basically, would an ECU tune increase performance on its own or does it need spacer mods to be effective?

Sorry if this is a noob question, but everything I've worked on before my G has been old Jeeps and I mostly dealt with the body and not so much the engine. So, I'm new to the performance world.
No you wouldn't have to retune for an intake only, the ECU will correct (or more than likely there really isn't going to be any difference in intake air........nothing really effective anyway). No you aren't going to see any real gains from an intake alone.

R.I.P. MBC

post #13 of 19 Old 11-24-2009, 03:55 PM
25-99 Posts

Talking

Great, thanks for the advice everyone! No ECU until I get spacers...
post #14 of 19 Old 11-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Super Duper Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1162 Post(s)

^ even with a plenum spacer the ECM will adjust without resetting it.

'06 Autumn Copper FX35, '11 Alpine White Sentra & 2016 Red Hot Camaro 2SS
post #15 of 19 Old 11-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Over 1,000 Posts

Resetting is so easy and will learn it faster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Infiniti Discussion > G35 Coupe