Bad 03 Transmission..What year do I get to replace it with? - Page 2 - 6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post 16 of 28 Old 12-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Over 250 Posts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well sounds like a plan putting in the new tranny. I have seen your posts here. Looks like you have had an unusually bad experience with your G. I can tell you mine has been the most reliable car I have ever owned thus far. Maybe you got a lemon. Either way its cool your putting in your own tranny. Have fun!

Oh and ps, what year is the Rx7? Those are one of my fav all time cars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post 17 of 28 Old 01-14-2010, 09:59 AM
25-99 Posts

Send a message via AIM to gravitypulls
(Thread Starter)

THE BUTTJUICE BREAKDOWN CONTINUES!!!

Well, 07 trans is garbage. Replaced the trans, then discovered master cylinder was junk as well, and clutch fork was broken. Guess breaking the scales at 110lbs and 5' 7" is enough brute womanly force to blow out all of the clutch system driving in traffic 15 miles at a time... Had to replace the master cylinder, slave cylinder, clutch fork, transmission, added the exedy clutch and act flywheel.Soooo, every component in the drive line besides the rear end assy and the driveshaft has been replaced, and im sure those are about junked too by the schedule of how things have gone so far.

New 7k mile 07 trans makes significant bearing noise when under load. Im thinking the trans was junk from the particular hit it took, which is no imperfection from nissan, just more toilet luck. Still the reason the situation is where it is, was because of dog shit parts.

sooooo, another 450 labor to have the transmissions swapped again, send this piece of shit back to california for 100+ in freight, get a replacement, pay for more fluid, more rental cars,more time down, more irritation... Steering rack is leaking, rear end is starting to make noise.cd player still is broken. Just more problems, nothing out of the norm for nissan. My brother just mentioned to me he had the same issues with both his 300zx tt, and his pathfinder when he owned nissan. He too, will never buy another nissan and now owns a 535 and a srt10 ram instead of nissan toys.

at one point in time i really liked this car and wanted to put my extra ls1 into it, or do suspension mods to it for my wife and what not. At this moment in time, i really think driving it down a guardrail and into a creek bed would be more suitable for it.

At least she has a extra reliable 190,000 mile 96 base model 305 chevy 1500 2wd truck to borrow from my dad from time to time. It can get her through the 30 mile round trip to work and home without breaking down like this 13k dollar pile of scrap metal does.

Sorry to dog on some of your guy's passion as far as automobiles, but im pretty irritated at this moment in time. Its 21 degrees outside, my garage has my race car all taken apart and ive got no room to work on this so its just adding nitromethane to the already raging fire.

03 6mt Brembo coupe
broken down pile-o-garbage, cavileer or neon and 10 grand worth of fruit roll ups would have been a better investment..
post 18 of 28 Old 01-14-2010, 10:15 AM
25-99 Posts

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanez570x View Post
Well sounds like a plan putting in the new tranny. I have seen your posts here. Looks like you have had an unusually bad experience with your G. I can tell you mine has been the most reliable car I have ever owned thus far. Maybe you got a lemon. Either way its cool your putting in your own tranny. Have fun!

Oh and ps, what year is the Rx7? Those are one of my fav all time cars.

Im not putting in the trans, i dont have the room or time right now honestly that it demands.

As far as the rx7, ...

has two of these turbos going onto a 427 sleeved ls2 here someday

hopefully, who knows tho ive got a gto as a daily now and ive started to mess with it to the point where its not really going to be a good daily anymore. thinking about putting the turbo kit on the gto now, and buying a lightning for a daily.
these are a few of the good shots of that before i started to put the turbo kit on. it was basic cam, boltons, big nasty fuel system, 200shot with wheelspeed progressive nitrous controller. 2366 lbs. Ive seen a ls1 swapped rx similar, just heavier at 2900lbs weight with just a 75 shot click off 9.943@134.73. So as it was, id say it was a LOW 9 second car if i could have gotten the power to the ground, the rear end is junked now and undergoing surgery.

anyhow, im babbling about this shit because it gets my mind off this damn infini-hemiroid situation. SHIT!

03 6mt Brembo coupe
broken down pile-o-garbage, cavileer or neon and 10 grand worth of fruit roll ups would have been a better investment..
post 19 of 28 Old 03-06-2010, 03:40 PM
25-99 Posts

(Thread Starter)

this junk got taken apart again. The clutch and flywheel appear to be perfect but i guess i bought another pile of trash transmission with a bad input bearing and grinds in it as well, even an 07 with 7k miles already was junk lol...

The salvage yard is taking care of it but i still had to pay a mechanic to take it out 2 times, and shipping.

the legacy continues... the 1500 chevy base model has pulled through the toughest times while this pile of garbage has been broken down in the driveway.

03 6mt Brembo coupe
post 20 of 28 Old 03-11-2010, 11:43 AM
0-24 Posts

Any updates? I'm thinking I need a replacement trans and I'm out of warranty.

Anyone know of a reputable national rebuilder other than OE?
How much should one cost?

'05 G35 Coupe, 6MT Sport. MD MREV2, 5/8 spacer, XYZ resonated pipe. Stillen single exhaust. Berk HFC.
post 21 of 28 Old 03-11-2010, 01:18 PM
ʂȗрϵᴚ ɱȭđěŗƭȱȑ
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

how many miles are on your car?
post 22 of 28 Old 03-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Over 5,000 Posts

wow. this just reminds me of my honda accord. good thing I bought extended warranty when I purchased my G. Im not worried about this at all!

07 G35 Coupe 6MT (Missed Much)
12 G37 Sedan
post 23 of 28 Old 03-12-2010, 12:00 PM
0-24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
how many miles are on your car?
73K on her, so she's just out!

'05 G35 Coupe, 6MT Sport. MD MREV2, 5/8 spacer, XYZ resonated pipe. Stillen single exhaust. Berk HFC.
post 24 of 28 Old 03-12-2010, 03:37 PM
ʂȗрϵᴚ ɱȭđěŗƭȱȑ

yep ....
post 25 of 28 Old 03-12-2010, 04:20 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Sorry to hear about your continued problems with the car. I never had any major issues with my G, although even the small stuff was annoying and expensive to fix. The interior light recently went out on my 240sx with 180k+ miles on it.

SOLD THE G
post 26 of 28 Old 03-23-2010, 08:57 AM
25-99 Posts

(Thread Starter)

almost done. gotta go get trans fluid today and drop the trans off to my friend.

next steps are
new cd player
fix rear quarter dent where it got tapped into..

then its READY TO GO!

03 6mt Brembo coupe
post 27 of 28 Old 03-26-2010, 01:06 PM
25-99 Posts

(Thread Starter)

transmission fixed 32143q=ffd24 days later. New one seems to shift just fine. Whoever said its a direct bolt in clearly has never done it. The rear mount has to be shimmed up to line up correctly. Otherwise the shifter is all geeked up crooked and it wont shift smoothly.

As we come further along with this, ive had a conversation with the wife about it since it would be the optimal time to sell it. I dont think we can get out of it what she owes (13 ish) annnd the Wife really loves this g35's styling and just wont let it go.. The Hillbilly husband(ME) loves pushrods and horsepower though, so if this pile of shit continues to sit in our driveway, its getting a cammed big heads/nitrous ls2 put into it, mmmm..
The only jerkoff whos outrunning my wife is ME, LOL. Wonder what i could fetch for the entire dropout out of it? like 88k mile 03 with upgraded trans, id assume perhaps that could get the mount kit money in order.?..

Coming soon!

03 6mt Brembo coupe

Last edited by gravitypulls; 03-26-2010 at 01:35 PM.
post 28 of 28 Old 03-26-2010, 01:38 PM
ʂȗрϵᴚ ɱȭđěŗƭȱȑ

DIY: LS2 350z Begins.. - G35Driver

If you really want the ls2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Infiniti Discussion > G35 Coupe