Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

Motordyne Spacers, MREV2, Z-Tubes, and Upper Plenums

7K views 46 replies 10 participants last post by  msl558 
#1 ·
Which of Motordyne's spacers makes more power, the 5/16'' or the 1/2''? When it comes to Z-tubes will a typical one perform better or worse than a chrome one? I really like the chrome but I don't want it if it doesn't actually do as well as a normal one. I know that MREV2 is great and that will go with all this, but are there any decent upper plenums? Also I saw on G35 Driver that you cannot use spacers and aftermarket uppers together, is this true? If so which is better spacers or a new upper, and if they could be used together, should I? Thanks.

#2 ·
I just read a post on Driver that showed a graph of some spacers and plenums compared on the the dyno, from what I saw it looked like the 1/2'' made a fraction of bit more hp, but the crawford cast plenum also looked very good and even it was but a fraction behind the 1/2'' spacer. Anyway what do you guys still think?

#4 ·
you need to look at where extra hp is made...is it in the "normal" useable range that you drive in? or is it basically only there at or near redline? even though the gee-wizz bragging numbers may not be there, an increase in torque and hp within the mid range (over stock) will most likely be felt and appreciated more even if they're not quite as high.

#13 ·
trust me they are the worse....$200 to install ztube and they are "THE NUMBER ONE INFINITI DEALER IN THE COUNTRY" so....im pretty sure they are the uppest of *ssed birds there are!

#12 ·
The 5/16 gives more usable power in the mid range where you use it most. And the engine cover fits. The 1/2 spacer has more peak hp, but it's all up top.

You should not use an aftermarket upper plenum with a plenum spacer.

#18 ·
The cat in my Accord went bad after 190k of so...it sounded like someone put a bucket of gravel in a steel can an just shook the hell out of it. Apparently the catalyst had come loose and was just rattling around in there. Easy fix though...I just took the cat off, poured the crap out of it (took a little convincing), and put the non-cat back on.

#43 ·
Also I noticed that when I'm on tip tronic and at 5 gear ( about 60mph) and down shift to 3rd, I don't get enough power. I have to down shift again to 2nd? I know there's not much power on the low end torque on the G so you really have to down shift more. right?

#47 ·
About my other question. how come it feels that the 5A/T engines doesn't have enough torque or power shfting from 5th gear to 3rd gear on tip tronic? I have to down shift to 2nd to feel the VQ power?

Also how can i know and check if I have a vacuum leak?

I also noticed that after warming up my engine my RPM goes down to 600 to 650? isn't that low?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.