Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

Still Got Engine Noise at top of engine at 2800 revs!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  superdude 
#1 ·
Hey I have taken the car to the dealership told them about it but they said not to worry, i put mobil 1 in it the other day so that it wouldnt be low on oil, but there is still the vibrating noise from the top of the engine at 2800 revs in any gear, does anyoe have any suggestions or experience with this? Thanks.

#3 ·
Any luck trying to record the sound?

I'd suggest you pick up a mechanics stethoscope. These are good tools for isolating the source of a noise and they're also very cheap.

You could also just try the old screwdriver trick(touch it against different parts of the engine and listen/feel for vibration volume variances in different locations), although it won't be ass accurate as a stethoscope.

If you buy a stethoscope.. be wary of moving parts such as belts and fan blades... and you'll also need another person to sit in the car and rev it for you as you listen for sounds, since there is no easy way to rev this car from beneath the hood due to the drive by wire throttle implementation.

#4 ·
partyman66 said:
Any luck trying to record the sound?

I'd suggest you pick up a mechanics stethoscope. These are good tools for isolating the source of a noise and they're also very cheap.

You could also just try the old screwdriver trick(touch it against different parts of the engine and listen/feel for vibration volume variances in different locations), although it won't be ass accurate as a stethoscope.

If you buy a stethoscope.. be wary of moving parts such as belts and fan blades... and you'll also need another person to sit in the car and rev it for you as you listen for sounds, since there is no easy way to rev this car from beneath the hood due to the drive by wire throttle implementation.
When you're using the stethoscope make sure to be carefull and not wear any loose clothing or chains. You can quickly become a part of the motor if you're not careful. :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.