Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

Most NA Horsepower

10K views 58 replies 14 participants last post by  roneski 
#1 ·
Howdy,
I'm a V35 350GT Owner from Perth Western Australia.
I've investigated all the forced induction options - but I'd really like to stay NA.
Just wondering if anyone has any dyno figures from a G35 thats had all the NA Mods Done? Filter, inlet, manifolds, spacers, extractors, full exhaust, cams, ECU, Throttle Body.
I've had a search and not really found anything.
And yes I'm fully aware of the benefits of forced induction on a VQ. But my Skyline is staying NA.
Jash
www.c-red.com.au

#2 ·
hey man, gald to see another all motor fan!! The best mod out right now (bang for the buck) is the MREV. It will replace your 2005 lower plenum with a 2004 or previous one (assuming the have a 2005 6mt with the rev-up engine) OTher then that exhuasts, spacers, and intakes wont do you much justice other then sound and looks.

If your really digging, check out parts such as pistons, cams, springs, port polish, etc. One of the greatest things out there right now is the AEBS 4.3 liter stroker kit http://www.aebsracing.com/products.pl?product=vq35stroker

or the JUN 3.7 liter stroker kit. These will give you at least a 100hp increase to the wheels with proper tuning - only downside is it will set you back a pritty 15-25k for a full setup.

Hope that helps, meanwhile look into mods for the drivetrain and suspension, it will give you better holeshot and handeling...

#4 ·
Seems to me like your only real option then is to do everything you can to get air through it as fast as possible, and from what I've read, the MREV is your best bet, and it won't cost you hardly anything. If you're not willing to open up anything or spray, all you're left with is air, and you're never going to get real far with that.

#6 ·
Well good day mate, good to have an Austrailan on board. Anyways, I heard that Austrailans hate Asians, mostly because of the Japanese war thing and I was just wondering how an real Austrailan thinks about this. My sister went there few years ago and she told my all these pple told her and her friends to get the **** out of Austraila and go back to her country. I was pretty pissed about it and stopped drinking fosters. I'm thinking this isn't the general view of the majority but I'd like to hear it from someone from downunder.

#7 ·
If you're not gonna do internal upgrades you won't get beyond maybe 270 WHP, and even that is highly doubtful with the limitations that you've expressed for mods.

I've seen a lot of people over on G35Driver.com who were determined to do what you are doing(stay N/A and get as much power as possible), but they were planning on ripping their whole motors apart and upgrading the pistons, cams, etc and even after planning all that, they were going to end up spending like twice as much as going forced induction and still barely ending up with 320 WHP. As far as I know, almost all of these perspective upgradres that I'm talking about ended up jumping ship and going Forced Induction.

#8 ·
ironrice said:
Well good day mate, good to have an Austrailan on board. Anyways, I heard that Austrailans hate Asians, mostly because of the Japanese war thing and I was just wondering how an real Austrailan thinks about this. My sister went there few years ago and she told my all these pple told her and her friends to get the **** out of Austraila and go back to her country. I was pretty pissed about it and stopped drinking fosters. I'm thinking this isn't the general view of the majority but I'd like to hear it from someone from downunder.
iron, we've really gotta work on getting you to open up and tell us what's on your mind. Seriously, don't hold back.

#10 ·
Fosters isn't the best.. but it's a decent "normal beer" of course, it's no Guinness
Iron... did you really stop drinking it because of that? you crack me up dude.
i just hope you didn't scare away our only Aussie contact. lol

#11 ·
Not to slide further off topic but the Fosters we get here is different than what other countries get. My dad loved that stuff when we lived overseas but can't stand it when he buys it in America. Now that my folks are back overseas it's turned into his favorite beer. A bit curious if you ask me.

#12 ·
haha yeah i went to sydney a few years back, its nice over there...i think my favorite thing about australia was the koala...i mean that thing is so damn cute i just wanted to wrap it around one of them...anyway

btw iron its not good day, its ga'day get ur $hit straight haha j.k

#13 ·
VQ35Sleeper said:
haha yeah i went to sydney a few years back, its nice over there...i think my favorite thing about australia was the koala...i mean that thing is so damn cute i just wanted to wrap it around one of them...anyway

Yeah, but do you realize one of them Koalas can rip your head off while still smiling for the camera and throwing another shrimp on da baa b? Yes, those things look cute but are pretty damn vicious. I had a run in with one at a zoo. They shriek like hell on fire!

#14 ·
ironrice said:
Far from it Ironrice. Australia just like the US has its fair share of racist morons. I guess you'd get the same morons down south in the US yeah?
Australians are basically all immigrants of one colour or another so we generally get on.
As for me I have lots of Asian friends - one of my mates Wayne is more Aussie than me - he loves nothing more than getting pissed and having a fight.
Oh and nobody drinks Fosters - see if you can find some decent Australian Beer - Like Crown Lager or Little Creatures Pale Ale.
Jash

#16 ·
Hey, we're nice in the south too. Nah, just playing. There's idiots every where, I don't think it's limited to the US, or any country for that matter.

#17 ·
partyman66 said:
If you're not gonna do internal upgrades you won't get beyond maybe 270 WHP, and even that is highly doubtful with the limitations that you've expressed for mods.

I've seen a lot of people over on G35Driver.com who were determined to do what you are doing(stay N/A and get as much power as possible), but they were planning on ripping their whole motors apart and upgrading the pistons, cams, etc and even after planning all that, they were going to end up spending like twice as much as going forced induction and still barely ending up with 320 WHP. As far as I know, almost all of these perspective upgradres that I'm talking about ended up jumping ship and going Forced Induction.
Basically this V35 is our new demo car - I swapped my 436rwhp S15 Silvia for it, with cash adjustment. Its Auto, and I'm never going to drag or drift it competitively. I'm going to bung some 20s on it, 355mm Stoptechs, Teins Super Streets, Whiteline Sway Bars - then pimp my arse around in it.
I've investigated all the forced induction options - cheapest I can get out of anything is about 10k AUD by the time its landed with duties etc.
Plus - I have enough quick cars. I just want something attractive and fairly rapid for daily use.
In a commercial sense staying NA is the best idea too. Most 350Z owners over here are old boys that want a little more grunt. Although having said that there is 4 Vortech'ed Zeds in town. Including one we did. There are currently only 4 V35 Coupes in Perth including mine...
Jash

#19 ·
VQ35Sleeper said:

Yeah Koalas are evil little things, cute - but nasty.Like this girl I used to date. Kangaroos are fairly harmless though - unless you come across a big male - they'll f--k you up.
Jash

#21 ·
C-Red said:
Yeah Koalas are evil little things, cute - but nasty.Like this girl I used to date. Kangaroos are fairly harmless though - unless you come across a big male - they'll f--k you up.
Jash
Yeah, them Koalas are vicious. I barely escaped with my manhood and pride intact. LOL. They're the ultimate "sleeper". Get too close or disturb their sleep and they'll rip you a new one.

#22 ·
Yeah, we're pretty laid back for the most part. From what I know about your country, I think there's a lot of similarities in people and land to Texas.

#23 ·
jmcclain said:
What are your other cars? Any bikes?
This is the S15 I swapped for the coupe - Zenitani 2.1 - 436rwhp:
http://www.driveline.net.au/gallery/2005/27/brodie/day1/IMG_8192.jpg
My S14 - 300rwhp:
http://www.driveline.net.au/gallery/2005/27/brodie/day2/IMG_8568.jpg
Toyota JZX100 Chaser - 370rwhp:
http://www.driveline.net.au/gallery/2005/27/brodie/day1/IMG_8201.jpg
And my Sileighty - 406rwhp:
http://images.franzonline.net/2005-07-09-cabinautosalon-perth/dsc08335.jpg
Got some ratty stuff I drift - an AE86 Coupe with a CA18DET - 250rwhp in 900kg and a Nissan HC33 Laurel with an RB25 - 360rwhp. Also have an R33 Skyline GT-R V Spec with an HKS Kansai N1 Crate motor - 670rwhp. And an S13 Silvia convertible on 19s.
Daily driver is an R34 Skyline 4 door 4 wheel drive which we're dropping R34 GT-R running gear in - should go close to 500rw.
Only just got into bikes - have a Suzuki RGV250 and a Honda CBR250RR. All my mates have big bikes - K5 1000s that sort of thing.
Jash

#24 ·
jmcclain said:
Yeah, we're pretty laid back for the most part. From what I know about your country, I think there's a lot of similarities in people and land to Texas.
Australia is pretty barren for the most part like Texas. We generally have a fairly dry type of humour like you Texans too. Perth is the most isolated capital city in the world - makes us Western Australians even more dry.
Jash

#25 ·
I feel real dumb right now because I don't know one of those cars you just posted, but they look pretty incredible. And from the numbers, they're not just lookers. You're doing the right thing by taking the bike thing slow. I started on a GSX-R 750 and not have a GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa.

#26 ·
Do you own your own shop or something? or just real into cars and happen to have the capital to support the habit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.