LinkBack Thread Tools
post 1 of 13 Old 04-24-2003, 12:43 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Multi Task Trip Computer

I noticed that the Nissan Altima's trip computer does more than just stack up miles when reset. It also has a MPG calculator for each tank of gas, and a real time MPG meter that displays average MPG while you drive! The worst part... you get it in all trim levels, even the cheapy S! Why don't our $40,000.00 G's get this at least in the premium package trim!? [banghead]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post 2 of 13 Old 04-24-2003, 02:27 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Developed earlier?

this in deference to everyone who insists on putting a load of crap at the end of everything they say' - Dr Tom Dowling
post 3 of 13 Old 04-24-2003, 02:31 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

(Thread Starter)

The MTTC was developed in most cars around 1998. Well, at least my dad's 99' VW Passat has it. However, maybe you're right. Nissan engineers probably didn't start using it till after the G35 was brought out by Infiniti, although I think the Altima was redesigned before the introduction of our G's no? [dunno]

XL

2003.5 5AT Sedan | Ivory Pearl | Graphite Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit W/Rear Spoiler
post 4 of 13 Old 04-24-2003, 03:29 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

[dunno]

Not sure why you guys think the G doesn't have this feature. Mine does. It also has a maintenance feature where you can set how often you want oil changes and such. When you get really low on gas (with 10 miles remaining) it will automatically give you a warning on the screen and ask you if you'd like to find the nearest gas stations.

I'll take some pictures and post them this weekend.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav
post 5 of 13 Old 04-24-2003, 03:41 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

(Thread Starter)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

[dunno]

Not sure why you guys think the G doesn't have this feature. Mine does. It also has a maintenance feature where you can set how often you want oil changes and such. When you get really low on gas (with 10 miles remaining) it will automatically give you a warning on the screen and ask you if you'd like to find the nearest gas stations.

I'll take some pictures and post them this weekend.

'03 AT Sedan | Brilliant Silver | Willow Leather | Sport | Premium | Aerokit w/Spoiler | Nav
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hey lead, you are one lucky SOB and I'll be dammed if mine has this and I haven't discoverd it yet. Is that inside your navi system, or in your odometer trip computer? If premium sedans have this, mine should have it too for sure! I checked the owner's manual not too long ago, and could find anythiing special about the trip meter other than trip A and trip B. Yeah let us know!

XL

post 6 of 13 Old 04-24-2003, 03:48 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

Sorry guys, it's part of the Navi. I didn't realize you were talking about the odometer readout. Yes, the Navi has all these features and more. I'll still gather some pictures for those that would like to see it.

post 7 of 13 Old 04-24-2003, 04:13 PM
Over 1,000 Posts

(Thread Starter)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by lead_foot

Sorry guys, it's part of the Navi. I didn't realize you were talking about the odometer readout. Yes, the Navi has all these features and more. I'll still gather some pictures for those that would like to see it.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Absolutely!

post 8 of 13 Old 01-07-2007, 02:25 AM
0-24 Posts

I have a 2002 V35 imported direct to New Zealand from Japan which has all the features that are listed above, but mine is all in Japanese. I've figured out the readouts and the numbers but dammed if I can read the writing.
If anyone else knows how or if it's possible to change to English I'd be impressed and gratefull beyond belief. I don't feel like taking up a second language !!!!!
post 9 of 13 Old 01-07-2007, 02:36 AM
Over 2,500 Posts

they're doing you a favor! they dont want u to feel bad every time u look at the mpg's

disclaimer: ^^^ bullshit
post 10 of 13 Old 01-07-2007, 06:15 AM
Over 10,000 Posts

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Yeah... my navi has all of that!!

What kills me is that the navi's in Japan completely put ours to shame, even the best of what any US company has to offer... their sh*t gets you all that stuff per this post, live TV, better graphics, full on ipod integration, etc., d*mn... i heard there's an option to give you topp if you can find it!!
post 11 of 13 Old 01-07-2007, 04:22 PM
0-24 Posts

Yeah I have to admit the mpg isn't all that great, but thats the price of adrenalin motoring & foot hard down or foot off it still turns heads. Checkout www.fuelstar.com and see what you think (I feel like their posterboy) But I fitted one 3 weeks ago and have improved mpg slightly which theory is should keep improving.
post 12 of 13 Old 01-07-2007, 04:26 PM
0-24 Posts

The Navi does get live T.V. When I figure out the language "on screen" I might be able to enjoy it! It does only pick up specific bandwidths though.
In the FAQ it mentions something to turn the ROM drive effectively into a DVD player - does any one know anything about this?
post 13 of 13 Old 11-22-2007, 12:32 AM
25-99 Posts

Send a message via AIM to elayman

is there any way to use my navi to play live tv like u said the japan does? do i just change the language lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > 6MT.net Market Place > Electronics