Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

Cleaning the leather?

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  REVOLUSCION CC 
#1 ·
I just picked up my g35 and, being extremely impatient and wanting to get out of there as fast as possible, didn't let them detail it. I don't mind doing it myself, but my back seats have almost a black film (previous owner was a smoker, and they smoked in it for 7 years). what's the best leather cleaner for this?

#3 ·
Dang! That sucks. You'll be hard pressed completely remove 7 years of smoke from the interior without replacing all of the porous surfaces, IMO.

However, I think your best bet for the leather (aside from replacement) is going with a couple of rounds of the Leatherique treatment. Check out this how-to article at DetailedImage.com: Ask-a-Pro -- Leatherique Leather Care How-To.

That article tells you everything you need for the Leatherique process. IMO, it's the best leather stuff out there, but I've never used it on a smokey car. Though, it's definitely worth a shot because it's much, much cheaper than replacing your seats.

#4 ·
Yeah I have the tan interior. I was debating redoing the seats but that's not what Ima do right off the bat with putting money into the car. I'm not expecting to get every bit of settled smoke/ash out of the pours of the seats but it could definitely look better. the guy in the detailing center said he'd have it ready in 30 min but like I said, I was ready to find out what a g35 had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.