Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

Input Needed on a Low Mileage 2008 G35X

4K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  the750 
#1 ·
Heya guys,

My name is Jeff one of the Admins/Community Managers for AutoGuide. Well my B5 Audi is on its last leg and looking for a new daily driver. My buddy owns this dealership and I drove this car earlier in the week.

2008 Infiniti G35 X 4dr Sedan West Chicago, Illinois | Chicago Motor Cars

I was impressed by the power and room inside the car. I have never know much about the G series but figure you are the right group to ask. Any input or things I should look out for, etc?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

#3 ·
I went from b6 a4 (2003) to 04 g coupe and was very pleased with the performance aspects. I thought my Audi was much more well thought out, especially the interior, but your b5 is likely falling apart at this point so that won't be an issue for you.

I also don't know of any issues with that model G. You should be happy with it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#11 ·
I didn't know there was enough sales or owner representation to warrant a forum devoted to the FX. Aside from body panels, there probably are not too many issues/difference exclusive to the FX.

Gilley probably invented the FX forum so he could escape here once in a while. He's smart that way (and the MBA had nothing to do with that smartness).....

crafty like a FoX

#13 ·
Are they going to continue making the fx? Doesn't seem as popular as it once was, especially with the jx out.

#16 ·
I do love the current fx. I'd bet they'll discontinue the ex or fx for next body cycle. I don't really see the need for 3 crossovers, 2 of which aren't selling much. Perhaps they'll make the fx and ex into 1 vehicle.

#15 ·
I'll bet it's nice.
I'd have to get used to the big grill and exterior front end but I'll bet the ride and interior overcome some of the styling miscue. (And of course, that is subjective)
I found this to be true of an older MDX a friend bought used. The exterior is blasé at best on the early-mid 2000's but the ride, features and interior are a big plus.

Maybe my distrust is universal among new stuff coming out since I'm afraid of everything going CVT and having the legitiment complaints characteristic of them on many car reviews I read of.
Even the milquetoast magazines and reviewers that never say a bad word about anything have a hard time dodging the lack of thrust and spirit some of the vehicles exhibit. Maybe they are making a sport button or something so we can switch from econonmy to performance. The mfg gets to meet the EPA benchmark and we can switch to drive the thing the way we enjoy.... ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.