G35 DVD player and navigation - 6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums
6MT.net now has a Photo Gallery available to all users. Upload your photos today!
Infiniti G35 Coupe / Sedan Infiniti G35

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Infiniti Discussion > Audio & Navigation
Register Home Forum Active Topics / Realtime Photo Gallery Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

6mt.net is the premier Infiniti Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2004, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
0-24 Posts

Default G35 DVD player and navigation

Does anyone know if there is a converter or adapter for the G35 navigation where you can watch dvd movies? Is this even possible? Also, is it possible to bypass the restriction to enter streets and info into the navigation while you're driving. It sucks that you have to come to a stop before you can enter in stuff. I don't know why Infiniti has it, Acura don't have this option. They can enter in whatever they please while driving.
hieph0p is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2004, 10:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
s0l
Over 500 Posts

Send a message via AIM to s0l

Avelectronic.com makes a product that will watch movies. As for the bypass - http://g35driver.com/forums/showflat...sed&sb=5&part= will take you to a faq on how to tie it into homelink.
s0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
0-24 Posts

Send a message via AIM to TigerKneeCrush Send a message via Yahoo to TigerKneeCrush

im surfing that site but idk what to buy for me 04 g35 coupe. i just wanna play dvd movies
TigerKneeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKneeCrush View Post
im surfing that site but idk what to buy for me 04 g35 coupe. i just wanna play dvd movies
Does your car have OEM navigation or are you looking to install a double DIN unit?
Old 09-29-2009, 06:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
0-24 Posts

Send a message via AIM to TigerKneeCrush Send a message via Yahoo to TigerKneeCrush

uh idk. i might just scrap the idea of watching movies in my car
TigerKneeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
0-24 Posts

Yeah, the site is a bit tough to figure out, for me at least. Last I read, though, another guide went on about replacing the display as well. Is the product being discussed here about some sort of A/V switcher?

I am already considering doing the double-din conversion. I imagine I should probably just forget about this hack/mod then...ideally, I'd like to have one device showing nav and the other playing a video. Possible?
MrMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #7 (permalink)
Over 250 Posts

I may be sounding like a broken record now but I cant tell you guys enough how happy I am that I just gave in and did the double din conversion and put in a good GPS/DVD head unit.

On a side note. Lets say you have pop up GPS and you make it able to watch movies with a hack/fit. That will be a cop magnet sitting up all high like that. At least in the dash its a little harder to see that you are breaking the law having a DVD running in the dash while driving. Just a thought.
ibanez570x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
0-24 Posts

That's a good point. I have been looking around with no success, but are there any GPS/DVD head units that can display the NAV stuff to an external display while playing a DVD on the primary display?

The idea is for the upgraded HU to display the NAV on the OEM nav display so as to avoid having the cop-bait.

If not that, what about a HU that plays the video to secondary display while showing the NAV on the primary (reverse of what's described above)? This would still attract cops if used while driving, but I'm sure it would never be used that way.
Advertisement

6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Infiniti Discussion > Audio & Navigation