LinkBack Thread Tools
post 1 of 15 Old 01-28-2008, 10:53 AM
0-24 Posts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Default Connect ipod to stock radio

I was wondering if anyone has installed either the pa11 nis or the other usa spec in a 2007 g35 coupe? Trying to consider my options for connecting a ipod directly in with minimum hassel. Thanks for your input!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post 2 of 15 Old 01-28-2008, 08:51 PM
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quoted: 169 Post(s)

You'll have to remove the radio to install most of the iPod adapters, which I wouldn't consider to be minimum hassle. EverythingG35 / Everything350Z - G35 Parts, 350Z Parts, Factory Accessories and Performance Modifications. has a Nissan iPod adapter that plugs into the satellite harness in the trunk and allows you to retain the sat use as well. The iPod can be controlled thourhg the steering wheel and radio controls.

'03.5 Caribbean Blue 5at Sedan & '06 Autumn Copper FX35
post 3 of 15 Old 01-30-2008, 09:06 AM
Over 1,000 Posts

Send a message via AIM to Ltrain

I looked into this and just decided to go with the full head unit replacement. I just found that the factory headunit was lacking.

The pa11 is a cost effective method though

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantisG35 View Post
Traffic is for poor people
post 4 of 15 Old 01-30-2008, 11:00 AM
0-24 Posts

(Thread Starter)

I guess then my question is does it work for my stock radio (the PA11) everywhere I look It says up to a 06... Is the pat/cty button the button it would be routed to?

Last edited by ryanislegend; 01-30-2008 at 11:11 AM.
post 5 of 15 Old 01-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Over 10,000 Posts

Location: New York, NY HOME OF THE DEFENDING SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!! THE GIANTS....and Brett Favre!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley View Post
You'll have to remove the radio to install most of the iPod adapters, which I wouldn't consider to be minimum hassle. EverythingG35 / Everything350Z - G35 Parts, 350Z Parts, Factory Accessories and Performance Modifications. has a Nissan iPod adapter that plugs into the satellite harness in the trunk and allows you to retain the sat use as well. The iPod can be controlled thourhg the steering wheel and radio controls.
quick question gilley.

is the ipod stored in the trunk or can you run the wire to inside and place the ipod somewhere like the cupholder space?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neftali II View Post
now people like Archie, those are people i look up to

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZire View Post
Archer proves he is one of the most intelligent here.
post 6 of 15 Old 01-31-2008, 07:05 AM
Super Duper Moderator

In my sedan, where the sat tuner is mounted to the back of the back seat, the iPod cable is long enough to run into the center console where I have the iPod connected. To listen to satellite radio, I just unplug the iPod and that audio from the sat tuner is played. You may be able to install the module in the coupe to make the iPod cable reach the center console.

I don't have any personal experience with the PA11, or any of the other adapters that are out there, aside from the Nissan unit, but they all use the satellite radio tuner input and will work with all 03-07 G coupes and 03-06 G sedans with satellite radio capability. Some early 03's don't have sat ability.

If you have satellite radio, or might activate it in the future, the Nissan adapter is the only one to allow you to do both.

post 7 of 15 Old 01-31-2008, 09:50 AM
Over 10,000 Posts

Location: New York, NY HOME OF THE DEFENDING SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!! THE GIANTS....and Brett Favre!

Quote:
In my sedan, where the sat tuner is mounted to the back of the back seat, the iPod cable is long enough to run into the center console where I have the iPod connected. To listen to satellite radio, I just unplug the iPod and that audio from the sat tuner is played. You may be able to install the module in the coupe to make the iPod cable reach the center console.

I don't have any personal experience with the PA11, or any of the other adapters that are out there, aside from the Nissan unit, but they all use the satellite radio tuner input and will work with all 03-07 G coupes and 03-06 G sedans with satellite radio capability. Some early 03's don't have sat ability.

If you have satellite radio, or might activate it in the future, the Nissan adapter is the only one to allow you to do both.

where do you run the wire so it is out of the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neftali II View Post
now people like Archie, those are people i look up to

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZire View Post
Archer proves he is one of the most intelligent here.
post 8 of 15 Old 01-31-2008, 07:05 PM
Super Duper Moderator

The iPod wire goes under the rear seat and carpet into the center console.

post 9 of 15 Old 02-03-2008, 12:08 PM
0-24 Posts

Quote:
How do you connect an Ipod if you do not want the option to have both satellite and ipod. I am not very educated in this area and would like to know what I need and how I should install it. I have technicians who can do the install, but what do I need to get them.

Thank you,
B
post 10 of 15 Old 03-03-2008, 01:24 PM
0-24 Posts

Gilley, do u get the ipod tag information (artist, song title, etc.) to show up on the factory radio?

2007 G35 coupe
Premium package
Sports package
Aero package / 20% Tint
post 11 of 15 Old 03-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Super Duper Moderator

It doesn't scroll.

post 12 of 15 Old 06-04-2008, 11:34 PM
0-24 Posts

Does anybody know where I could find information on how to get your Ipod video to display on the oem navigation screen?

I saw a G for sale a while ago and the owner stated in his ad that he had his car hooked up that way.

I would really like to know if this is doable. Thanks!
post 13 of 15 Old 06-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Over 250 Posts

Send a message via AIM to Optimus

The PAC adapter I have ('06 coupe) plugs into the back of the stereo deck and I have the small box stashed in the dash underneath and behind the ashtray thing. And then I have a shielded 2xRCA-3.5mm headphone plug cable that runs under the gearshift shroud then out in the cupholder where I stash my ipod. sounds more complicated than it is, but pulling out the head unit to plug the PAC adapter in requires a lot of patience and finger crossing if you aren't familiar with this type of stuff.
This does keep Sat Radio functionality as it piggybacks the Sat cable.

New Hotness: 2009 Blue Slate G37 6MT w/ Premium and Nav

Tradeed-in:2006 6mt w/ Rear Active Steer, Premium Package, Pac-Audio Sat Radio --> Ipod Conversion, Z-Tube & K&N Filter, Richie STB

post 14 of 15 Old 06-28-2008, 09:11 AM
0-24 Posts

Does anyone have any useful links or pdf's on how to properly take apart the console area, dash area, etc...to put one of these PA11 things in? I just got one but I hate to start ripping out plastic. I've done it the wrong way in so many other cars and always ended up with rattling or broken parts...

Thanks,

Ev
post 15 of 15 Old 06-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Super Duper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evzen View Post
Does anyone have any useful links or pdf's on how to properly take apart the console area, dash area, etc...to put one of these PA11 things in? I just got one but I hate to start ripping out plastic. I've done it the wrong way in so many other cars and always ended up with rattling or broken parts...

Thanks,

Ev
The method is a little different for the 03-04 cars from the 05-07 cars. Go here for more help. Audio, Video & Electronics - G35Driver

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

6MT.net Infiniti G35/G37/GTR Forums > Infiniti Discussion > Audio & Navigation