Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

AUX imput

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Tabs2006 
#1 ·
I dont have the SAT button on my headunit but is there an open AUX imput in the back and if so coudl i just run an RCA to mini out for my iPod?

#2 ·
Ha, no it is not that easy. I have asked this question before, and no one seems to have an answer for a 2003.0 G. There used to be a thing called a NISSAUX made by Soundgate, and said it worked with G35s w/o the SAT button. UNfortunately it was discontinued until a better one comes out. I also was not sure if it was completely compatible with the G anyway, for when I emailed the company, they weren't too clear on the subject. So for right now, use a cassette adapter.

#3 ·
aux input

Actually, I just found a device that is supposed to work with the G35 head unit. In fact, the dealer near me is looking in the exact same product and one of the parts guys is going to try it in his G. It is PAC AAI-NIS2 and here is a description:

The PAC AAI-NIS2 allows direct input of one or two preamp level audio sources to many 2003 - 2006 Nissan and Infiniti vehicles that are factory XM or Sirius satellite-ready and works with or without the satellite receiver installed (see application list below). This eliminates the need for sound degrading solutions like an FM modulator. It allows audio from devices like Apple's iPod™, VCP, MP3 players, Portable CD players, DVD players or aftermarket satellite receivers to play through the stock stereo system. It has two auxiliary inputs which are selected by the "SAT" or "Radio" button on face of radio.

The AAI-NIS2 is the first in the industry to use the steering wheel or radio buttons to send out commands to PAC's optional SWI-X (**see important application note below) which can be used to control an MP3 player, DVD, VCP or most devices that use an infrared remote. The AAI-NIS2 also comes with a negative remote output (300mA max) when ever the radio is in Aux mode which can be used to turn on devices.

I just received it yet and have not installed it but plan to soon.
Hope this helps.

#4 ·
I just ordered a Pac AAI-NIS2 off of MP3Car.com and it was $85. I called my local dealership and they are very excited to get their hands on it and see if it works as they have had requests left and right for iPod integration. It is scheduled to arrive here on Tuesday and I am having it installed on Wednesday so I will play with it and report back on how it works. Hopefully it solves the only problem i have with my G....

#5 ·
I took the part I mentioned above into my dealer and they installed it. The iPod hook up works flawlessly and I love the fact that I now have two AUX imputs. If anyone is looking for a way to get an iPod integration while using the Bose headunit, this is the way to go......all for about $175 installed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.