Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

cd player only works on right side speakers

14K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  thegage 
#1 ·
Hey im new to this site and i have a weird situation. ive got a 2004 g35 sedan with stock speakers. When i listen to the radio or the cassette adapter everything works fine. its only when i use the cd player that the left side speakers dont work. every now and then when i make a sharp turn or jerk the car when i brake, sometimes the speaker goes on for a little while. im pretty sure its only the top treble speaker up on the door and not the big one at the bottom because when i change the balance and put it all the way tot the left, you can still hear the bass from the song but nothing else. anyone have any ideas?

thanks alot

#2 ·
Hey im new to this site and i have a weird situation. ive got a 2004 g35 sedan with stock speakers. When i listen to the radio or the cassette adapter everything works fine. its only when i use the cd player that the left side speakers dont work. every now and then when i make a sharp turn or jerk the car when i brake, sometimes the speaker goes on for a little while. im pretty sure its only the top treble speaker up on the door and not the big one at the bottom because when i change the balance and put it all the way tot the left, you can still hear the bass from the song but nothing else. anyone have any ideas?

thanks alot
This is a problem with your HU. I had the exact same problem in my G. You have 2 options, if it is under warranty you can have it repalced by infiniti, if it is not buy a Double Din conversion kit and put in an aftermarket system.

(you can smack the center console on the side too and this should make it work again, but really, who wants to do this all the time buy a DD kit !!! :) :) :) :) )

#3 ·
hah, I'm having the exact same problem with my 04 G. My car was still under warranty till last December and every time I took it in for them to look at it, the problem would go away and the mechanics would look at me like I'm crazy. Of course, now that its out of warranty they were able to identify the problem.

#5 ·
I've just been graced with this problem this week. If you got the extended warranty they will still replace this correct? I really don't want to replace the radio because of the RDS and I just got XM like 2 months ago(had to buy the tuner/antenna/and the "brain" or whatever)

#8 ·
same thing happened to mine 4 years ago, it was still under warranty so i took it to the dealership and they had to order me a new one.

#9 ·
Reply to Alex81: I just noticed my wife's 2004 Bose unit does too. It also has a problem where it'll claim the Siruis is not attached. Pulling the radio fuse for 30 seconds clears the problem. Here's the question: What did you do to fix the loose ZIF / ribbon cable in the HU? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.