Infiniti G35 G37 Forum banner

Leather seats make me sweat too much, what alternatives should I pursue?

13K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  all gd up 
#1 ·
It's gross to sweat this much day in day out just because my seats are leather, and i'm frankly sick of it.

I priced out switching the seat/lower back portion to suede at around 250-300 bucks for the job, or I could go with a seat cover for around 50.

anyone have experience with reupholstering their seats, or buying a good seat cover? i have no idea where to look to buy a custom one that fits well and looks good. And i assume this is the preferred option, it seems kind of a waste of money to upholster a small section for so much cash.

#9 ·
I've seen a wire frame type of back support thing that is strung with mesh (creates a big air gap) but I'm not sure it's for a car, maybe an office chair. Not sure why it couldn't work in a car seat though. I'd just take a tape measure along or try it for fitment to see where it hits the seat and make sure it does not have any sharp or pointed contact areas that can rip the seat.

As per the OP; Come on back and stay a while but if you just peeled yourself from those hot seats, count to 10 first. :)
At 6MT, I've found a bit of lighthearted humor a nice ice breaker and yes, I've been to other forums that can feel more 'BallBuster' but thankfully, I live in a state that doesn't get g35driver (lol - jk, couldn't resist)
-The seat heat rocker switch can easily be hit by accident and it was an insightful possibilty...
-Naked seating was more a rhetorical point in my opinon. IOW, consider what you wear or how you can dress to better the situation. I do that now and it helps.
Maybe I just plain missed the three jokes although I favor joking around to rude, sarcastic or smartass responses, but that's just me.

#6 ·
wow three joke replies before someone decent enough to actually offer a suggestion. Thank you for that.

as for the three stooges performance, i'm going back to g35driver this is pathetic.

i live in a state where it's hot. is that really difficult to imagine for you guys?

#12 ·
Haha...wow what a douche. I guess OP's having two serious problems- sweaty butt and a bloody twat.

#7 ·
Calm down and don't be so sensitive. I live in Florida. It gets hot here. Plus the humidity. I never have had the problem you describe. A towel would be much cheaper and won't ruin the value of your car. No one wants to buy a G with cloth seats.

We welcome new members but we aren't super serious here. We will give you good info if we have an answer. So you have to have a sense of humor. I you don't, all the trolls on Driver will welcome you back.

#10 ·
Just back from vacation in the Seattle area.
No issue up there with sweat! About mid 60's every day. Ahhhhh!!

I agree with Gilley, use some tericloth seat covers or a towel but don't ruin the lady. She only looks good in fine leather!

#13 ·
I agree. I find it annoying myself, how sweaty my back gets in CA after a decent drive.

#23 ·
I was also wondering about seats. because I love the leather seats but they are kind of hot and slippery. Maybe the quality of the leather, not as porous and gets hot because it traps in sweat. Are there any seats that are made for the g35 besides the stock ones that you could put it in? would they still work as far as the power seat adjustments go? forgive me if i sound stupid, im not that well versed on this subject.

#24 ·
I'm not aware of any economical way to replace the seats. The only options are probably going to be a racing type seat and it will likely have less options, less comfort, and will cost a lot more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.